Who are you hosted with?

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
A thread similar to this was made quite a while ago but I thought I would repost it since weve had new members since then and perhaps youve changed.

Im using ViveHosting.com for all of my sites hosting needs. Theyve been great!

The Royal Ram

Thanked by [1] : DeluxeNames

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    www.infrenion.com
    No problems at all. They have good support, great uptime and I got a custom package. Perfect.
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    I am hosted with asmallorange.com, GREAT company! They reply to any questions in like 5 mins, I have expirienced no down time with them and they have cheap packages :D
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • ododdododd Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I just use free hosts.... right now i just signed up with www.hoogetech.com owned by a mod from another forum community i've been part of for about two years (not sure if its right to post the forums name here)
    I'll tell you how it works out but so far its been good trying to sign up (haven't actually used the servs yet)
    There are three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't
  • gillygilly Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I use a company called modhost, they are US based company with excellent support (only used it once but they replied within the hour), i've never noticed or had any down-time reported.
    Over-all i think they're great!

Forgot the link www.modhost.com

Gilly
  • mate_plmate_pl Junior Member NAT Warrior
    www.avalon.hr

excellent web hosting... a little bit expensive but worth any penny... but it is in Croatia, so I don't think it is interesting to you :)
  • ArestiaArestia Member NAT Warrior
    Arestia Design Studios / Synapse Corporate Solutions
    Daniel L. Rust - Lead Architect
    Seattle, WA
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    The last paid host I used was powweb.
    They were brilliant and had no downtime while I was with them (their servers are set up so that if one goes down or has too much load on it, their systems will send the user to another server with your site on it).
    They offer large amounts of disk space (it was 1GB when I started using them, then it was put up to 2GB and now it's 500,000MB... no, that isn't %GB since 1GB = 1024MB), decent amounts of bandwidth (300GB per month, 10GB per day) and plenty of features like PHP 4 & 5, 5 mySQL DB's, perl 5 and various scripts.
    They also give you 650 e-mail accounts, but I was a bit miffed that you can only host one site...
    I'd never be able to use up 500,000MB and all that bandwidth by myself and they don't give you any kind of reseller option.

I was thinking of getting hosting again since $10 per month is nothing to me (about £5 per month and I get just over £600 a month), but if I was going to get hosting, I'd consider something a bit more like Media Temple since I'd be able to let others use the space I didn't need (so long as I know who they are and stuff).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • coolhomecoolhome Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Im hosted with my friends server. It has a 40gb harddrive and it is windows 98. But i am building i server when i can get over 100 $ to upgrade my linux system. ITS SOOOOO SLOW! So that all.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    coolhome wrote:
    Im hosted with my friends server. It has a 40gb harddrive and it is windows 98. But i am building i server when i can get over 100 $ to upgrade my linux system. ITS SOOOOO SLOW! So that all.
    He's using windows 98 as a server environment... oh dear god...
    The only way he coud do worse would be to either use 95, which would be laughable if he managed to actually get it going or ME, which would crash as soon as he turned it on.
    Windows isn't great for hosting and it's usually more expencive to use it than Linux since you have to buy the OS and then you need more people to watch it just in case it explodes or something (it's Windows, I wouldn't be supprised).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Vivehosting also.

Support has been a bit slow lately but I rarely need support anymore so not so bad.

I've noticed quite a bit of down time though, haven't you python?
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Nope I havent... There were one or two problems with cPanel but apart from that no... But then Im not on the computer as often now so I wouldnt really notice...

The Royal Ram

• jessithajessitha Beginner Link Clerk
    I am hosting my sites in Thewebpole.com . I have been using for their service 2 years. They providing good service and support ..You can also get the website hosting plan at low cost from there.There they providing Linux and Windows based website hosting plans .
  • mattdamonmattdamon Beginner Link Clerk
    I have hosted my sites at Hostingraja you can also reach here get the website hosting plans at reasonable price.