I was given a Pet for Christmas! Anyone else have pets?

So I was given pets for Christmas! I'm very excited to be the proud new owner of Sea Monkeys!!!! :D http://www.sea-monkey.com/

What pets do you own? Do Webmasters make better ped owners?
(show us some pictures please!)
Picture of my Sea Monkeys:

Comments

• LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    LMAO The perfect pet for the short attention span, a pet that needs no maintenance at all!

We have cats, lots of cats, 7 :D I've only put the 5 kittens up lol

Bug
    Gizmo
    Jet
    Lurk
    Gina
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I have a cat called (I didn't name him, my mother did) Bagpuss (after an old TV character).
    He's a Maine Coon, which means he's fluffy, huge and pretty much loves attention of any kind.
    They are rather expensive cats and don't show up much here in the UK, but through a quirk of fate, we got him for free.
    We've almost always had cats and a lot of the time they are strays that we've taken in.
    He just showed up out of the blue in our garden (we already had two common black house cats at the time, though one has since died and the other didn't come with us the last time we moved house) and didn't leave.
    Once we noticed that he obviously wasn't owned by anyone near our house, we let him in and fed him before trying to locate his owner.
    Unfortunately for them, nobody claimed him and we were allowed to keep him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_coon

Like the article says, he's much larger than a normal cat (about the size of a small dog) and despite being lazy when he's in the house, he's pretty smart and strong for a cat.
    If the back door is slightly open, he'll happily let himself out by hooking his paw around the door and pulling.
    Unlike the article though, he'll quite happily get on people's knees... Or take up a whole side of a 3 seater sofa to himself (he doesn't curl up into a ball like a normal cat).

We treat him more as one of the family than as a pet that we own and people on our street usually ask if we're the one's who look after him rather than own him.

A good idea of what he looks like and the size of them in general (the one on the right BTW)

P.S.
    Bagpuss is a large pink and white toy cat from an old kids TV show of the same name for anyone who hasn't seen it... We seem to have acquired a nodding car ornament of him too, but every time I tell the cat that I'm going to use it as a template so that I can dye his fur to match, I get claws and teeth wrapped around my arms or legs... (I wouldn't do that anyway as it's cruel)
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior
    Oh wow I got sea monkeys too. :)
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    GOB wrote: »
    Oh wow I got sea monkeys too. :)
    LOL, kind of! I tried to pass off my seamonkeys on GOB and she said she didn't want them.:D

Alas I will give them a loving home :baby:
  • GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior
    Actually, they will have a loving home at my job. :)
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    GOB wrote: »
    Actually, they will have a loving home at my job. :)

Hey, I thought I took them with me! LOL, I left them by accident :D

Nuvo: I love Main Coon cats and always wanted one. They are huge, almost like a bobcat. Your are a lucky guy :car: