why is VPS is so expensive outside of the EU?

Hello, I don't understand why bandwith limits still are in place and why prices are so high in some places in the world. I know why there is limits in the first place, because bandwith is expensive...
But one country, France, is basically done with bandwith limit Every single host in France does not have bandwith limit, on bare metal or in VPS (OVH is the prime example here, even if the support is quite bad), and does that at a much lower price than every host that I can find.
I have 8C/8T | 16G RAM | 2TB storage | Symetric GB connection (Speedtest) | KVM for 20€ per month at PulseHeberg (base price, no offer), same thing in another provider is 250 bucks at least.

My question, is why VPS is so expensive outside of the EU?

Comments

• This must have something to do with the laws governing the EU. It will be interesting to see if any changes occur now that the UK is leaving the EU.

Thanked by [1] : AlphaRacks
  • AlphaRacksAlphaRacks Link Clerk

@Mildred said:
    This must have something to do with the laws governing the EU. It will be interesting to see if any changes occur now that the UK is leaving the EU.

Good point @Mildred, Brexit is likely to change this.

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

@AlphaRacks said:
    Hello, I don't understand why bandwith limits still are in place and why prices are so high in some places in the world. I know why there is limits in the first place, because bandwith is expensive...
    But one country, France, is basically done with bandwith limit Every single host in France does not have bandwith limit, on bare metal or in VPS (OVH is the prime example here, even if the support is quite bad), and does that at a much lower price than every host that I can find.
    I have 8C/8T | 16G RAM | 2TB storage | Symetric GB connection (Speedtest) | KVM for 20€ per month at PulseHeberg (base price, no offer), same thing in another provider is 250 bucks at least.

Its depends upon Optical Fibre Network. If your country dosen't have enough Fibre power to Charge up a Datacenter, it will limit the Traffic. Main Example here is India(My Country), Each bare metal is only given about 2-4TB Bandwidth and thats because When it comes to optical Fibre Cables, The Datacenter does not have enough Uplink overall. Whereas, when it comes to a Provider like OVH SAS, they have so much Optical Fibre Network that they have built dedicated Fibre Cables between Countries and ISPs and Most importantly have their own private network to Connect through their own Datacenter Products. If you contact any OVH VPS or Bare metal using their Private network(Across one Datacenter or 2-3), You can get upto 10Gbps on only one Connection which is preety enough for 1 Network Connection!

Thanked by [1] : AlphaRacks

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    CloudMate Softwares
    Managing Director
    ankesh@cloudmate.in

• AlphaRacksAlphaRacks Link Clerk

@cloudmate said:

@AlphaRacks said:

Its depends upon Optical Fibre Network. If your country dosen't have enough Fibre power to Charge up a Datacenter, it will limit the Traffic. Main Example here is India(My Country), Each bare metal is only given about 2-4TB Bandwidth and thats because When it comes to optical Fibre Cables, The Datacenter does not have enough Uplink overall. Whereas, when it comes to a Provider like OVH SAS, they have so much Optical Fibre Network that they have built dedicated Fibre Cables between Countries and ISPs and Most importantly have their own private network to Connect through their own Datacenter Products. If you contact any OVH VPS or Bare metal using their Private network(Across one Datacenter or 2-3), You can get upto 10Gbps on only one Connection which is preety enough for 1 Network Connection!

Thanks for that explanation @cloudmate!