Is DowntownHost still in business?

cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior
edited May 2021 in Hosting Discussion & News

In October 2020 a member expressed concerns about the lack of response to tickets from DowntownHost. Now, almost 7 months later, we appear to be no further forward finding out what's happened. WHTer Jedito (Jorge), the CEO of DowntownHost, joined WHT back in April 2001 and has always been an active member and poster, but we haven't seen him since May 2020. The last Twitter entry is from December 2018, and the last Facebook entry dates back to July 2019. The downtownhost.com domain name is still registered to Jorge and, coincidentally, the registration was renewed last month for a further 2 years. As recently as today another DTH customer, of 11 years standing, has posted in the thread saying that his support tickets are going unanswered. So, does anyone have any concrete information about the status of DowntownHost? Is it just running on autopilot? And Jorge, if you're reading this, please get in touch and let folks know that you're OK.

Another Thread available on https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1826781

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
CloudMate Softwares
Managing Director
ankesh@cloudmate.in

Thanked by [2] : DeluxeNames PressReleaseBot

Comments

• MTLMTL Link Clerk

I've been on Downtownhost for 6 years. And yes, this year I have received zero response to support tickets.
    Now, I can no longer access cPanel. When trying to login to cPanel, you get a "Maximum Number of Users Exceeded" error, which could mean they have stopped paying for cPanel.

I've tried contacting all channels... support, Sales, Billing, but there is no response from Downtownhost. They are still auto-billing yearly renewals however.

For all intents and purposes, this host is out of business.