PHP Books

Anyone here know the books on how to learn PHP and MySQL the best?

I plan to buy some and crack down and learn them, for the sake of knowing how to do it....

Anyways, some good ones that would be available somewhere like Amazon.com would be nice...

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Im also looking for a good PHP/MySQL book. One that will go from beginner stuff to quite advanced stuff :)

The Royal Ram

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    you mean they made a book just for me :)
    lol

can you recommend any others aswell?

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I'm not sure it's worth the money.
    Anythng you can learn from a book, you can learn from the net...

And if you sort of person who likes to refer back, just save any tutorials found as files, or bookmark the sites... ;)
  • ArestiaArestia Member NAT Warrior
    I'm not sure it's worth the money.
    Anythng you can learn from a book, you can learn from the net...

And if you sort of person who likes to refer back, just save any tutorials found as files, or bookmark the sites... ;)

yeah i presonally hate programming books, theres so many people on the net that have info for you to learn stuff. ive learned everything i know about design, programming, and development from the net.

-Dan
    Arestia Design Studios / Synapse Corporate Solutions
    Daniel L. Rust - Lead Architect
    Seattle, WA
    but Im after a book because the PC which i will be learning on doesnt yet have internet. I am just installing PHP and Apache onto it and learning in my spare time. thats why I could do with a book :)

The Royal Ram

Arestia wrote:
    yeah i presonally hate programming books, theres so many people on the net that have info for you to learn stuff. ive learned everything i know about design, programming, and development from the net.

-Dan

That's because the Internet's based on some relatively easier technologies. I doubt you can learn programming C/C++ or even Visual Basic by just browsing through the Internet. :) Well, at least I find it difficult.
  • summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    I find it hard to concentrate when I am on the net trying to learn because I always have a messenger in the background...

And I do all developing on my offline PC (this online computer is a Mac) and so I cannot practice while reading the tutorials and don't like printing all that much... So books sound good to me... :)
    Wtf? Why cant you practice php on a Mac?
    I do all the time. lol
    He's saying you cannot practise and read online tutorials at the same time :)
    Ah. ok... If you say so... But I disagree... Since I do it all the time.
  • summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    Because all of my development programs are on the PC, dont want to have to code PHP on my mac when I do everything else on my PC.