Are EIG hosting companies still considered bad?

MonstaHostMonstaHost NAT Warrior
edited October 2022 in Hosting Discussion & News

About a month ago the web hosting company that we dealt with was recently purchased by an EIG (Endurance International Group) company. I didn't initially know they were an EIG company and it didn't matter as we didn't have any say in the acquisition anyway.

There was a lot of errors on their side, when they migrated everything over to their servers. Things like emails of our clients suddenly stopped working. Invoices sent out to our clients who had long since closed their accounts. Domain records taking ages to repropagate once transferred, etc. Also the domain records that were transferred had invalid DNS records added to the list.

The communication to us, from this company, has been poor. Even though they announced the migration date to us, only 3 days before the deadline, they didn't respond to any of our questions about how we might be affected. After the 3 days when they migrated everyone over night most of our clients became inaccessible by email.

Has anyone else had this problem and I am wondering how you resolved it?

DeluxeNames

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator

They have been bought by clearlake capital in Feb 21. The new owner claims to want to make customer support a priority, that's yet to be proven and there's a lot of evidence against so far.

Would I trust them for the uptime of my business? No. There's such a thing as too big, your customers become not as important. In other words, those with the authority to help you have their hands full and instead you're passed off to level 1 support with no ability to authorize the help you need.

They own 80+ companies as you can see from this link:
    https://researchasahobby.com/full-list-eig-hosting-companies-brands/

Thanked by [1] : MonstaHost
  • MonstaHostMonstaHost NAT Warrior

@DeluxeNames said:
    They have been bought by clearlake capital in Feb 21. The new owner claims to want to make customer support a priority, that's yet to be proven and there's a lot of evidence against so far.

Would I trust them for the uptime of my business? No. There's such a thing as too big, your customers become not as important. In other words, those with the authority to help you have their hands full and instead you're passed off to level 1 support with no ability to authorize the help you need.

They own 80+ companies as you can see from this link:
    https://researchasahobby.com/full-list-eig-hosting-companies-brands/

Thanks 👌