downloading in php

ForgeForge Senior MemberThe Royal RAM
Ok, I know this is possible. But i have NO FLIPPIN IDEA HOW!!

Lets say you have an affiliate fill in a form with the url, img path, so on. Now in phpBB forums. you can have it download your avatar from a url you provide. Now how the heck would I do that!?!?
Can fat people Go skinny Dipping?

Comments

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    i take it your making your own forum. What i would do is in your mysql have you table say called users and have the fields you need like username, password so on and so forth then have a field thats a blob called img or sommat but when the users are registering just have it set to NULL then you can have in the control panel an upload script that updates the database with there img that they have choosen sorta thing :D i hope this helped
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    do you mean external avatars? for example if you had your avatar on sitea.com you could set the link and it would then show up in siteb.com

A simple link would probably do this...Just make it so that they enter a url into the mysql db and then it just passes it out as an image using the url as the source...

The Royal Ram

• ForgeForge Senior Member The Royal RAM
    no no no, its not a forum. its an affiliate thing. I want to have PHP download the file from sitea.com to my server. then store the image name in a database....
    Can fat people Go skinny Dipping?