Need a script custom made...

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Im in need of a script...Heres what its gotta do:

Basically its a link. For example the link would be: http://www.devdreams.com/forum/link.php?u=XX

XX would be replaced by a user ID here at this forum.

Then if that was clicked a set amount of points would be given to that users account. However it needs to be done so that it can only give the points to the same IP address once - this will stop people just clicking themselves.

Is anyone able to code this? Its pretty simple I know its just Im not sure if Im ready to tackle something like this :)

The Royal Ram

Comments

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    You need to give more info - before people can help you...

E.g. where will the points be stored - file, database? what will happen after that - i.e. what page is to be displayed to the user? what happens if the link comes in from the same ip address more than once - ignore always or ignore until a fixed period has passed...
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Ok, here ya go:

1) The points are the same points which are used on this forum. I talking about the ones which are used in the rewards store...Therefore it would need to update a db field.
    2) The forum homepage is to be displayed when there is a clickthrough via the link...Just a simple redirect or something with no holding page.
    3) If it is the same IP address then nothing different happens from above...It just doesnt add the points..
    4) It should ignore that IP address for 24 hours
    5) The ignored IP address's should be stored in a flat text file.

If someone is willing to take this up I can give info on the database. (eg. what the fields for the points and user id's are etc.)
    Thanks

The Royal Ram

• kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    ill give it a try give me about a week
  • kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    even though thios is javascript my guess would be it would go something likje this

var userid = document.user.id.value;
    var locate = "http://www.devdreams.com/forum/link.php?u="; + userid +"";
    var points = 10
    setTimeout(1000000);
    var user_account = document.user.account.value;
    document.user.account.locate.value = "" + points + "" + user_account "");