Getting and Setting up a GMail account

CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy ModeratorShared Hoster
Getting and Setting up a GMail account

GMail offers 1GB free space!
Heres how to get and use it!

Okay. First you have to get an account.
At this moment in time, you need an invite, but these are not hard to come by.
Log on to any Instant Messenger programs you have or any forums you visit.
Just ask everyone.

Anyone who has had the account for a couple of weeks will have up to 6 invites to give out...
Once you find someone who has an invite and will give it to you, you need to give them your name, if they don't know you and a current email address.

If you don't already have an email address, you can get a free HotMail account at www.hotmail.com, or you could tell the person to send the invite to the email address of a fiend or relative who could set up the account for you.

Now. Lets assume you, or a friend/relative received the invitation and clicked the link in it.

You will be presented with a form to fill out. The hardest bits are thinking of a suitable, original username between 6 and 30 digits long and thinking of an answer to a security question.
In fact, I would suggest making you own security question.
Try to think of something that Nobody Outside your Immediate Family Will Ever Be Able To Guess.

Don't worry if your parents, siblings, partner or kids might be able to work it out. Unless of course you expect they will mess it up if they manage to guess your answer.

An example of a good one for someone who has been married a few years already would be:
Where did I meet my guy/gal?
The answer would be where ever you met your partner...

Your partner will know this, and maybe some of your old friends would. But if it was a good time ago, they will have forgotten by now.

Once you have completed the form and it has been accepted you are taken to the Introduction page. Read this and head onwards using the link in the top right.

Check the email you signed up with.
You should have received an email containing a link to use to log in.
Follow the link, and log in.

And that's it. Your done!

If you know of anything I could add to this article or think something is wrong, please email me or check out my site!

- CannonBallGuy

Comments