Restricted downloads?

For the new upcoming version of Dev Dreams should some of the downloads be restricted to members only?

For example the free templates...should I only allow registered forum members to be able to download them or should every one be allowed?

If it was restricted it would probably bring in quite a few more new members.

The Royal Ram

Comments

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    but its a question of whether or not they would post.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    but then there is the rewards store to try to encourage them...plus the adsense impressions mod...

Even if they didnt at least it would make the forum look much more active and would then attract members who would post

The Royal Ram

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    you could make it so peeple have to pay for templates with points that are earned for posting
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
    yes I have been thinking about that however I also want to offer some template for absolutely nothing...the slightly better ones can be charged for with points

The Royal Ram

• arkark Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I would say yes to your idea... though they dont post atleast 2/5 would stay and be active... To be honest the store hooked me up here..... So I think if you get members may be you can give free templates for members with 5 posts... so that they get a start.. thats what I think...
    sig.gif

link6fl.gif wpf6dy.gif
  • ForgeForge Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Simple P, Charge more for better templates, Charge less for not so good ones. And im talking about forum points. And some could even be free. Im sure I could do something like that or someone else.
    Can fat people Go skinny Dipping?
    I suppose that yes it would attract new members and they probably would be fairly active because they would want the points...but that means that an addon would have to be custom made for the store...

Is anyone able to do such a thing?

The Royal Ram

• aenigmaaenigma Beginner Link Clerk
    Ask for registration, but not for posts, as in this case we would get lot of useless post.
    Eremita Solitario
    http://www.thekey.it
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    True. But theres a good team of Mods who are online quite a bit...
  • ForgeForge Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Delete the useless post, and revoke the points.
    Can fat people Go skinny Dipping?
    ok...so judging from your posts I will restrict the template downloads to members only :)

but...next: will they require to make a set amount of posts and if yes...how many?

The Royal Ram

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    5-25 posts kinda general but its a fine line between making the deal be a burden or it being a reward