CSS help!

deadfingersdeadfingers Senior MemberThe Royal RAM
alright well im gonna start using one CSS page to control all the "variables" on my pages, so i put this <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css"> in the head page of the pages i want to add to. So i make a CSS file called style that has all my CSS coding and watnot. Now when i save them the pages dont seem to work? why not? i copy the CSS coding and paste it into the pages individually and they work but when its all in the style.css page it doesnt work why is this? I saved them both in the same area yet they do nothing any help?
sig.jpg

Comments

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

i doubt it will make any difference but thats the code i use, it might be worth a try?
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    That makes no difference.

Your style sheet is saved as style.css, right?
    Not just "style"....

If it's still not working, perhaps you can show us the contents of the style sheet...
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    yes i did save it as .CSS, i said that. Yeah let me upload it then ill put it up.
    sig.jpg
    No... you said:
    file called style that has
    :P.
  • kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="yourfilename.css">

notice the .css its got to be the same as your folder or for your style.ccs

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css">
    ok, why does everyone say i didnt make a CSS file or whatnot?
    So i make a CSS file called style
    i said there that i made a CSS file, i know how to make a CSS file and it is a CSS file! lol sorry im just a little agitated at the moment. Anyways, let me make sure i understand this fully <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css">. ok so link is saying ok i want u to use the settings and stuff here, rel="stylesheet", means what type of file it is which is a stylesheet, type tells you what type of style sheet which is CSS. Finally href="style.css" means to link to style.css which is where all my CSS settings and functions can be found on a page called style.CSS. maybe i just missed some small minute thing. ill have to check again.
    sig.jpg
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    you will need to put the full path to your css file. have you done that?

e.g. <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="[full_path][yourcssfilename].css">
  • kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    if your link is good then its got to be syntax

body {background-color: cccccc; }

is how it should read
    Assuming you linked to the correct file correctly,
    perhaps you can show us the contents of the style sheet...
    daboss wrote:
    you will need to put the full path to your css file. have you done that?

e.g. <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="[full_path][yourcssfilename].css">
    No i havent, in fact i realized that a while back, usually that tends to work. thanx for your help guys. :D
    sig.jpg