Help please

hi there

well, i'm building a page but i have a problem.. i'm doing a menu in macromedia flash mx, but i just don't know how to do this: i have the menu, and an image with the part of the old radios where are the frequencies.. ( sorry.. i don't know the name :X ) . I want that when i click on an item in the menu, the pointer of the radio moved to specific zones ( in this case, frequencies )...

Does anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    javascript might do it
  • DavidGahanDavidGahan Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Umm..., I don't know what your flash skills are like, so I'll just assume they are relatively good.

Okay:

You have your menu. To get it so that when you click on a button, the pointer changes posistion, you will need to have many different key frames.

For example:

Lets just say that you have 5 menu buttons. When you click on button number 1, you will have to put in an action script that tells it to jump to key frame number 1. When you click on button number 2, tell it to jump to key frame number 2. Then, in key frame number 2, edit the radio picture so that the pointer is at a different frequency. Keep doing this, and at every keyframe, change the position of the frequency on the radio. In total (for this example) you should have 5 different key frames.

I don't know if this has helped you or not, so if your still having trouble just say.
    Jive Monk Studios
    www.jivemonk.tk
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    yeah do that, no need for Javascript. Flash has things specifically for that and ^^ explained it how you should do it, thats some basic stuff for making "buttons". Your just making a mousover button so in the button instance you need to put this code OnMouseover{
    gotoAndPlay(2);
    }

the 2 would be the keyframe you want to play.im not sure if its onMouseOver or whatever its something like that or onRollOver, its been a while since ive used flash (about a month) so im not too specific on the coding. If you need any help feel free to im me and ill help you out.
    sig.jpg