form with email

indy-jonesindy-jones BeginnerLink Clerk
hi there, i'm just new here. but for my site, i'd like a form, which should be filled out, and then, by clicking submit, all the info filled in in the fields will be sent to my email....

i hope it's not too difficult for u guys (for me it is) but i'd like a package with the needed stuff in it(or just an explanation what i should type in)

i have a database, MYSQL, and a server which is able to use php and mysql, so that won't be a prob, because i have a phpbb forum online too.

ps. i used the search feature on the forum, but with the info i got with that, i tried a lot with it, i can't do anything. :(

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    It's not too difficult to do once you know the syntax for PHP, which I don't..
    Thie page: http://www.netspade.com/articles/php/form-mail.xml is quite helpful, or if you rather, you can wait for someone else to help you out here because I know quite a few of the regulars here can help you. :)
  • indy-jonesindy-jones Beginner Link Clerk
    thanks man, it's just what i need :) :D
  • kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    isnt it <form name="mail" method="post" action="mailto:myself@getlotsofmail.com">
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    yes kink but that method doesnt just use the form to send a message. That would open up the users email program to send it.

it would need to have the action poiniting to a PHP script which would send the email.

The Royal Ram

• kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    misinterpreted the post will check into this
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    hey man i have this on one of my sites, check out digitalebay.com/contact.html and its there. I have the PHP file with me as well if you need help with it just let me know, its quite simple really, in fact maybe i can even help you find the tutorial that explains this exact thing.
    sig.jpg
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    If you cant find anything then you could go to http://www.htmlgoodies.com
    this site shows you how to do a form with an e-mail!!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I already answered the guys question and he replied: "thanks man, it's just what i need"

TOPIC CLOSED!
This discussion has been closed.