No bacground in flash

Ive seen things like menu's and popups where it has no background.... How can this be done?

And i dont mean colour... I mean for example having a circle drawing done in flash and put on a web page and then only within the circle itself is the actual flash file.... around the edges its not

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Thats weird... No idea it could be done.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    yes Ive seen it before... its its like having a transparent background

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    But you right click it and its like there is Nothing there?
  • DavidGahanDavidGahan Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Quite weird. Can you find an example? I assume that it is what Python said, with the transparent background. Despite you clicking and there's nothing there...I think thats how the transparent bg works.
    Jive Monk Studios
    www.jivemonk.tk
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    ohh ohh ohh i have done this before ... cant remember how though ... If i find the file i had i will tell you :D
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    haha man check this a-1bootcompany.com, see those moving cowboy hats when you mouse over? is that what your talking about? well those are 1 PNG cowboy hat i edited in Photoshop. Im assuming you know what a PNG file is, if you dont then here it is. A Png file is a file that makes transparent backgrounds, like in Photoshop the checkerboard background is supposed to be the transparent part. Btw there are 2 forms of this file PNG-24 and PNG-8, the 24 is much cleaner and near flawless though bigger in file size. Png 8 is almost as good yet there seems to be an ugly border around the picture. Anyways if your drawing in FLash actually and want to have transparency ill post that up later. I have a Flash book that explains that perfectly. gl man and let me know how it goes. Oh and theres a "cheap" way of achieving this effect though, it will only work on solid colors,draw a circle or whatever and change the stage to the color of the website or whatever part of the site your gonna put that on. Hope i helped!
    sig.jpg