Strange problem with template parser

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Ive created a template parser for an upcoming script im doing but Im having a problem with it...

http://www.pythonsblog.com/bb/index.php

As you can see that page isnt supposed to display like that... The template class works by replacing things like {VALUE} in a tpl file with something defined in a php file.

The template page is:

http://www.pythonsblog.com/bb/templates/index.tpl.php

I am using {URL-FHOME} which is set as 'index.php' in my script and the problem is that if there is a dot (.) in that filename then it messes up the page. If I change it to just 'indexphp' then the page shows up fine...

But the strange thing is that all of the other links can have dots in their filenames and i am doing it in the exact same way... It only seems to happen with this one particular link...

Any ideas?

Thanks

The Royal Ram

Comments

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Just a wild guess...
    but maybe its something with the messed up tag in the footer?

Even if that's not whats wrong it should still be cleaned up:)
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Ive decided to scarp that template parsers and go for a pre-made one. This way theres loads more featuers and it would be easier to add better things.

The Royal Ram

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Ok but python with that one u were using did u make the template page in dreamweaver? if so and you had a design view open you would see that if you type { on dreamweaver it replaces it with %^& or some weird shit ;) were did you get the premade one from?
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Its called phpSavant or something like that.

The main problem with it is that it is released under the GNU licence which means I would never be abl to offer a paid version of the script... ah well... I guess it will all be free then

The Royal Ram