kinkkink serious memberVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
just posted my first website
i you would like to check it out its at
http://www.flirtwithcards.com/ocean.htm
every dot was written by myself ...let me know what you think thx :shock:

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    hey not bad,

im not too sure about that big circle at the top left. maybe if it was smaller and had overlapping text(the title)

good work. what prog was it made in or was it coded using plain html?

The Royal Ram

• kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    i used a microsoft developer stuio (6.0) it has a html file editor .
    its actually kind of nice because it has the colored code, if you make an error, the colors arent right and you know right away. is getting a little old though it always wants to make everything html 3.0
    oh by the way that big circle is supposed to resemble a sort of sunset on the ocean type thing, i know its not that good but after i made it i had to use it
  • rallyfanrallyfan Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    its not bad but what is it for.
    for the sake of old times!

:)
  • SEbasicSEbasic Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Good start.. a few suggestions...

If you are using inline CSS (as you are) there is no need to assign divs an ID (just for the record, class is generally more accepted).

That Image in the background made the site take a really long time to load maybe you could use a

body {
    background-image: url(the image location goes here);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    }

Instead of the one huge image, you could use a tall thin image and tile it horazontally...

Good start... Pleased to see a new developer using CSS for a change. Keep up the good work
    Rave it up.
    basically its just a jpg inside a table i left the background color just in case anybody cant get the pics it amnazes me that you would say it loads slow in my browser it loads in less than 1.5 seconds, will check it out though