Review new design

Im going to start learning more in Photoshop so Im going to try building up a few designs over the next couple of months...

Heres the first of many

Im interested in knowing what you think of it and also if it was to be sold what you think its value is. Its not amazing i know but I am only starting out :)

The Royal Ram

Comments

• summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    Well I wouldn't buy it, but only because I can make something better in 5 minutes...

From my research, (as I also am practicing my PS skills), more and more people are looking for vector logos (so you might want to practice the pen tool), high gradient designs (though mostly its the very simple gradients used...) and slurvy design throughout the layout...

But thats just my 2 cents...
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Vector means that you made it in a Vector based app.
    PS is not... Illustrator is, so you might be interested in trying to tinker with that... Its not as bad as it might look...

As for the design, very basic but quite nice all the same.
    I wouldn't buy it because I could make something similar myself, but I am sure someone just starting out in webdesign with no knowledge of PS/FW/etc could be interested.

Keep them coming.

P.S. I may also be doing the same, but only If I have time whilst teaching myself PHP and C++...
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    it looks alright for one of your first design's
    It looks slick and smooth, i might buy it when its finished!
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Vector means that you made it in a Vector based app.
    PS is not... Illustrator is, so you might be interested in trying to tinker with that... Its not as bad as it might look...

As for the design, very basic but quite nice all the same.
    I wouldn't buy it because I could make something similar myself, but I am sure someone just starting out in webdesign with no knowledge of PS/FW/etc could be interested.

Keep them coming.

P.S. I may also be doing the same, but only If I have time whilst teaching myself PHP and C++...

Vector can be done in PS. Illustrator isn't neccessary.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I made it simple because I thought it could be pretty good as a design for a blog...

Also it could be used for a personal site.

Thanks for the comments.

The Royal Ram

fourtone87 wrote:
    Vector can be done in PS. Illustrator isn't neccessary.

I know there are vector tools, but I didn't know that there was anyway to save something as a vector in PS...
    Sorry... lol
    I would still reccomend "getting" Illustrator... ;)
  • summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    The pen tool is a vector tool...
    Yeah, I knew that, but I thought that because PS was a pixel based app that there was no way to save anything as a vector. I thought you had to export it or something...
    But nevermind, I stand corrected. ;)