Audio Video streaming using Flash Communication Server

I am currently working on a modeling web site and I want to offer a online portfolio where models can post their photos, audio and video files, thus making it a multimedia based portfolio.

Here is the list of the files I plan to allow the models to upload in their portfolio
Photos - .gif, .jpg, .bmp
Audio - .mpeg, wma, mp3 and wav
Video - .avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .mov

I am trying to find a way for users of this site to view the audio/video files without having any file format specific plug-in or player installed on their desktops. So far I have concluded that it would be best if somehow I can manage to stream down the audio and video files on the client’s browser in Flash format then this would require the clients to have only a Flash browser plug-in which is a very common plug-in now a days.

I think all this could be done using Flash Communication Server and I am working on that. However I am sure that we do not some 3rd party applications like Flix Engine http://flix.on2.com/ and similar tools.

Any help, advice or pointers on this matter would be highly appreciated. If anyone has developed such a feature in the past then I am also open to buying that from him (of course I can’t pay a lot of money).

Let me know.

Thanks
Paresh

Comments

• deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Umm idk how long you've been using flash but you can use video/audio in flash and post it up on sites for people to view and stuff with only the requirement of the flash plugin. I haven't done flash in a while but I believe the best file format for flash would be a .MOV, just import it and put it where you want on the stage and whatnot and save as .swf. Same for the audio, good luck with it man. Theres not many flash guys on this board so dont feel bad if no one replies, im probably the one who posts the most in the flash section, you can im me or whatever for help.
    sig.jpg