PHP Book

CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy ModeratorShared Hoster
I am looking for a book that will teach me more complex PHP. Something that covers intermediate and maybe some more higher skilled stuff. Again, I don't want a book that acts like the reader is stupid.

Any tips or recommendations?

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Im also interested in a book like this :)

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Well, i'm off to Waterstones in Cardiff, mate.
    I'll let ya know what I got. :)
  • ChroderChroder Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I'd check out Advanced PHP Programming.

I was searching for a while, too, about advanced topics. But after you know the "how" of PHP, there isn't much more to learn. Instead, you should go into how to design your applications. Programming is only a minuscule part of any application. Once you learn how to actually plan out and design your applications, you will be more successful all around. I'd recommend Design Patterns and Code Complete.
    That advanced PHP book seems pretty extreme... I need more intermidiate stuff I guess.
  • strangedarstrangedar Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Check out this site: http://www.cgi101.com/books/php.html
    Heres one book I noticed,

Beginning PHP 5 and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional

Beginning PHP 5 E-Commerce shows you how to build a full E-commerce website from design to deployment. This book will be one of the first books dedicated specifically to PHP/MySQL E-commerce development. Guiding you through every step of the design and build process, this book will have you building high-quality, extendable E-commerce websites quickly and with confidence. This book is primarily aimed at intermediate PHP 5 and MySQL developers willing to learn how to develop quality E-commerce sites. . . . [read more]
    strangedarknesssig.jpg
    sebastianastill.co.uk - My Portfolio
    Seems to concentrated on e-commerce and recommends basic knowledge of MySQL.
    I need to learn Intermediate PHP and Basic MySQL :(
  • strangedarstrangedar Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Ahhh maybe you should just get 'php and mysql for dummies' for the mysql. Cant think of any intermediate books for PHP. I'm sure there's plenty of tutorials online though...
    strangedarknesssig.jpg
    sebastianastill.co.uk - My Portfolio