Whats wrong with DevDreams!?!?!

martian2k4martian2k4 Llama HunterModerator
What is up with DevDreams, We got load of py's friends tlking bout general stuff which aint nuttin to do with webmastering and then no new posts to do with webmastering being made?!?!?!
Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's

Comments

• NicNic Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I hear what you're saying but can I just point out that the general chat is kept to the general chat section!!!!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    The problem isnt that there are people posting in the general chat forum. The problem is that there arent enough active webmasters to actually talk about web-related issues.

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I hearby order all the new chit-chatters to take up webmastering.
    Try www.w3schools.com for a start. :)
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    i've been around for a while... and i like this place.... :)

but i've got to agree with the first post... this place is more like a community forum than a techie/webmaster forum... :)

but still, it's a great place to hang out...
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Ye, we need to try and get some webmastering ppl like coders and/ or designers to join up :D

Python:
    Make the shop/store work.
    Then imagine what webdesign related stuff you would actually go and buy online?
    Templates, Banners, Domains, Hosting, etc. Put all that stuff in the shop/store.
    Then advertise to everyone that they can get all that stuff just by posting here.
    Maybe even say that you will give them 50 "points" to start off...
    I would make $ == 100 "points" so that a domain is 799 "points".
    Making a new thread == 2 "points", Replying == 1 "point".
    So if say, you make a New post, and reply to 8, that would be 10 points. Do that 80 times to get a domain.

Last but not least, split General Chat into "Off Topic Chat" and "General Webmastering Discussion". Posts in the Off Topic Chat should not earn "points".
  • lozzas1810lozzas1810 Senior Member The Royal RAM
    1.) i reli lyk tlkin to ppl on dis website cos i av got to tlk to sum reli nice ppl.
    2.) i kno nuffin bout webdesignin, therefore all my posts r in general chat which is kept general.
    3.) i dnt care if i get points or not cos i dnt kno wat u do wid dem.
    devspc3.gif
    Ok.. heres my reply to CBG's suggestions:

> I will try to sort out the shop and get it working again as soon as I can.
    > I will have to read up a load of the documentation with the store script so I can learn how to actually create those sort of things available in the store,
    > Making it so that they can buy domains would be a problem at the moment since site income has drastically dropped recently.

As for the rest I will see what I can do.
    Thanks

The Royal Ram

Great. :) I'm no expert, but I am the sort of person you want to come to the forum, and I just suggested stuff that would make me join and post. :)
    I cant figure out what the problem is with the store so Ive asked for some help over at the vbulletin hacking forums.

Also I think if I was to start to offer domain registration and things alike then all users points should be reset to 0 or to atleast a lower number otherwise there are people on here who could register loads of domains straight off and I wouldnt be able to afford it.

The Royal Ram

• allie1904allie1904 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    i dnt see wat ur prob is, it aint harmin n e 1 if its in general chat is it? da only reason i signed up was so i cn spk to my bf python n da points i earn will end up bein donated to sum 1 cos i aint got a clue wat da hell u do wid dem n e way.
    »-(¯`v´¯)εїз*X.x αℓℓιє ℓσνєѕ мιкє x.X*εїз»-(¯`v´¯)
    basically martian2k4 is tlkin bout me, allie n nic! even if we left there still wouldnt be any posts bout webmastering so it got nufin to do wid us n wen u go on forum's page n dwn to general chat it says u cn tlk bout wateva u want! so i dnt c wat da problem is!
    devspc3.gif
    Lozz that's exactly what I said - we do not talk in any areas other than general chat - so those people that are here solely for webmastering need not be affected by our conversations.
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Martian, just let the girl talk on here, she is makin the forum more active, if ya dont like it then u know wat u can do:p
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    There aint nuttin wrong wit them posting, but there isn't any webmaster discussions going on

well then dnt mention us postin on general chat if it got nufin to do wid us. n thnx viper :)
    devspc3.gif
    i kno nufin bout webmasterin so i cnt post anythin bout it so this all has nufin to do wid me allie n nic!- so dnt involve us!!!
    devspc3.gif
    hey lozz u can tell ur related 2 me lol u go girl - me and allie are proud of ya
    lol well i aint lettin sum gut think tht he's all it n kik us of devdreams cos he dnt lyk our wrd games!
    devspc3.gif
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I agree with you on this Martian...
    Me coming to DD 5+ times a day is becoming more pointless everyday because I have to filter through 5 word games that are barely legible.
    there r four games actually get it right!!!!
    devspc3.gif
    Considering you're all so big on webmastering, I don't see a lot of threads being initiated by either Martian or Fourtone.
    I know that Python is trying to get more webmastering people involved but perhaps it's about time you both started posting webmastering threads rather than posting insulting messages against other members talking in general chat.
    As for the games not being legible, perhaps you should let your hair down and have a go, you never know you might learn to enjoy yourselves!!!!

I would also like to point out that Lozza is Python's cousin, Allie is Python's girlfriend and I am Python's older sister so if you do have a problem with any of us talking to my brother or amongst each other please tell me and not pick on the younger ones i.e. Lozza 'n' Allie.

It is not my intention to cause arguments on this site, however all the games have now been moved to a different section where you need not enter if you don't want to. I would hope now that this puts an end to the matter and that everyone can use this site as they so wish, whether that be in a webmastering capacity or just a general chat between friends and family.
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Fortune, if you have a problem doing your job here at Devdreams(Moderator) then i know a few people that would want to take your place!
    Firstly. This is the end of this. If anyone posts after me I will just remove it.
    Secondly: We are not attacking you.
    All we did was move your posts! If you don't care about points, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO YOU.
    Thirdly: what we say goes (unless Python Disagrees - which he doesn't) So do not argue.
    Lastly: GROW UP. If you can't live with us, go someplace else.
    Maybe you could try chat.yahoo.com or www.talkcity.com

If you just drop it, and stop making a fuss over SOMETHING SO INSIGNIFICANT we will let you stay and we WONT remove the posts, which is what I am on the verge of doing.
    ur tellin us 2 grow up we aint moanin bout where ppls posts are n threatenin to delete them to be honest ur da one who needs to grow up! we were fine until u started complainin n u must av got a few points from them urself (CBGuy)!
    devspc3.gif
    Okay. Anymore wise stuff and I will start removing the posts one by one.
    YOU are the one who made all the fuss.
    Tony simply MOVED the posts and told you so.
    This post should not have ANY replies.
    Ok people - everyone stop arguing or Ill be forced to take some real action on your accounts.

If you want to have these posting games etc then please make them in the Non-Webmaster General Chat section.

The Royal Ram

just drop da whole thing den but if ppl write in da non web mastering forum cn we complain?
    devspc3.gif