Hello people, where do you keep the extra strength coffee?

NuvoNuvo Forum LeaderVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Hello.
I was told about this site by Felix, who'll probably know me better by the name IHY of Gamingw.net.
Anyway, I'm a 20 year old guy from Leeds which is in the Northern end of England and which is supposedly Englands favourite city, but I don't know why.
I have been tinkering with computers for quite a while now and I have decent experience in HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0, CSS, PHP, mySQL and Delphi, though I'm better at Delphi and HTML than PHP.
I have built a few templates and scripts in the past as well as working on full blown windows apps.
I was interested in search engines for a while and built a small web directory system which worked, but never really grew into anything useful.
I did, at one point, build a web browser using the Internet Explorer ActiveX control, Delphi and some minor Flash for the interface, but since Explorer is evil and Gecko isn't easy to use if you don't use C++, I stopped working on it.
I have been working on a small text editor which is similar to notepad, but with an MDI interface,syntax highlighting and a few other features, and as soon as I can get over a slight hurdle with it, I'll be working on it a lot more actively than I am now.
My main projects at the moment are fixing the code in the editor, and getting my site up and finished, but I am willing to offer any help I can in terms of advice and such.
I'm a big supported of compliant code and hate using depreciated tags and tables (divs and CSS forever).

In my spare time when I'm not tinkering, I'm an avid gamer and a bit of a tech geek.
I prefer to read books like Visual C++ learning manuals (I managed to get hold of some college books legally through a friend) and mags like PCPlus, which have coding sections.
Unlike Felix, I'm not college educated in computer use (would have been, but the college I was at messed me about big style), but it's safe to say that I love to learn new things, so I don't put my foot in it too often.
PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
Current project: CMS Object.
Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
Release date: NEVER!!!

Comments