Tutorial/Article suggestions

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Is there anything which you would like to know... for example any particular type of script you would like to learn how to create? If there is let me know and I will do my best to write up a tutorial/article on the subject...

Thanks...

The Royal Ram

Comments

• strangedarstrangedar Senior Member The Royal RAM
    What would be really useful for me would be a file uploader for images that also creates a scaled down/cropped thumbnail and stores both in a directory... I kno there are are plenty of scripts like this on the net (somewhere) but a tutorial is harder to find... I need to know what i'm doing and as a php newbie its hard to figure it out just by looking at a script...
    strangedarknesssig.jpg
    sebastianastill.co.uk - My Portfolio
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    How to make a photo gallery where you go to a page, where you can upload lots of pics, then it does what strangedar wanted, like it makes thumbnails, then it displays them in a gallery as thumbnails and you click them to see the full one, and then maybe you can click an arrow or link under the full sized photo to see the next and another to see the previous...?

How to make a user system with database where users can register, log in, have a profile which they can change, log out. etc. :)
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Ive started writing up a user membership tutorial.. One of the parts done(user registration and database setup).The other parts coming soon.

As for the gallery tutorial. I would have to read up on working with gd in PHP (GD is what does things with images - resiszing and stuff I think). I will see what I can do. No guarantees though

The Royal Ram

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    I have a suggestion for a tutorials.

How to make a big script

Featuring:

XML feeds
    Strictl CSS layout
    Template Parser
    Members system
    Built in oranges and goats
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
    Im not gonna write up a tutorial on all of those in one. But i dont mind doing them seperately :)
    Not sure about the built in oranges and goats though - havent learnt that one yet

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Gee Python: even I can do the built in oranges... The goats though, I heard that's a toughie... :(
    I mastered it a few months ago, But My way you also use 3 and a half sheep :D

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Oh dear, three and a half sheep is a big waste when you can do it with as little as one cat and some lime juice.
    There's little point in writing a fully functional CMS tutorial with XML feeds and compliant code as if you can't simply tie two smaller, more in depth tutrials together on your own, you may as well use a CMS, and if you use a CMS like PHP-Nuke, I know where you live and I'm coming to get you >:[
    I have experience with table free coding and I have built BBCode style formatting systems before, so I may add something on that :/
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Whoa lime juice, i have heard of apple juice but neva lime juice

well these days coding standards are always on the move - itll be banana & orange juice next all in one....thatll b a tough one, lol

The Royal Ram