Free Party and Wedding Directory

Our event, wedding, and party planning directory could use your site.

Add your link at http://www.MyAffair.com/~/AddLink.asp , and it will appear in the appropriate directory page under http://www.myaffairs.com/ . More options are available to you if you provide party planning or other event services.

We look forward to exchanging links with you.

Comments

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    lol what a name for a wedding site, sorry made me laugh though
  • myaffairmyaffair Beginner Link Clerk
    Thanks... not exactly what we were shooting for, but it'll do.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Sorry, but I think you need to go and hit the guys at Avatar Systems because there's more holes in the code than even a complete newbie would cause.
    On your main site, there's no apparent end to the code, which seems to make Firefox 1.x display everything other than the Google ad twice over.
    The directory list is completely invalid with such obvious errors as poor code structure (meta tags go in the <head> section, which goes in the <html> section).
    While proper code is structured like this:
    [html]
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta name="decription" content="This is my homepage" />
    <title>This is my site</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    My content goes here.
    </body>
    </html>
    [/html]

Your code looks more like:
    [html]
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="EXPIRES" CONTENT="0"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>My title</TITLE><META NAME="description" CONTENT="My description">
    [/html]
    Since the first meta tag is outside the head section, it won't, in most cases, have any effect at all since the browser won't recognise it if the browser follows W3C to any extent.

The link submission page is also highly invalid in terms of coding, which means it may not display correctly in all browsers (I'm in no doubt that the company who did this for you use Explorer 99% of the time).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • myaffairmyaffair Beginner Link Clerk
    Thank you for your comments. We will look into these issues.