• lozzas1810lozzas1810 Senior Member The Royal RAM
    i see my self as ........non-experienced..lmao
    devspc3.gif
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    did you vote for professional?

The Royal Ram

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Bleh...
    Some people on Gamingw.net (where Felix and I came from) have called me one of the best designers there, but I really don't think that's true despite my knowlage of XHTML, CSS and such.
    I don't like to be called a professional level web coder or designer since I'm not a graphics god and I'm still not perfect at everything (I despise all forms of JavaScript and I need to improve my PHP skills in some areas).
    To be honest, anyone with a little dedication and willingness to learn can get to where I am now and my coding is only like it is since I stick firmly to W3C's XHTML 1.0 standards.
    It's true that I can do things in PHP if I put my mind to it, but lately, my enthusiasm towards graphics work has been somewhat lacking since there's little one can do with Fireworks MX alone and Photoshop nearly made me heamorage the last time I looked at it (all I want to do is draw a vector box... I PAID HOW MUCH AND I CAN'T EASILY MAKE A VECTOR!?!?)... Vector imaging (drawing with math) > Photo editing for web pages.
    I do sometimes build my own tools for use in building web stuff such as my code editor and my colour grabber (find a colour anywhere on your screen and it'll let you get it in RGB and HTML HEX format).
    The colour grabber, though basic, was actually found to be quite useful at times by some people :/
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    id say im intermdiate however it depends what yoru talking about, graphics, html php all codes and graphics etc

i can do graphics, not well but to an average standard, i can do html quite well and css is ok but phph i am a beginner
    I mean overall - How do you see yourself overall - what skill level...

The Royal Ram

• ChroderChroder Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I consider myself a professional web developer.

@Nuvo: "Web developer" is a broad term, it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a great designer. I, for example, am a terrible designer for the most part. I am a programmer, I leave the creative bits to the designers.
  • lozzas1810lozzas1810 Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Python wrote:
    did you vote for professional?
    i didnt vote at all lol i just posted
    devspc3.gif
  • summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    Intermediate. I have alot more languages to learn, but I'd say I'm good with what I know.
    Same here - I posted intermediate aswell

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Beginner. :D
    All I know is HTML and CSS. I'm learning PHP, but I get through like one chapter at a time, and "a time" occurs about once a month. lol
    I hoped to get loads done this summer, but, yeah... I never got around to anything this summer.
    Off to college on Tuesday... so PHP and C++ will both have to wait a year, or 2, I guess... :(
    Im off to college on Monday but in spare time I plan to learn PHP... Ive got 2 books on the way which I ordered online... I know the basics already and can do quite a bit of stuff but just need to work on OOP stuff more...

The Royal Ram