How long you been in webdev?

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
How long have you been creating/developing websites for?

How many years (or months)? Also what are your current skills so what have you achieved over that time.

The Royal Ram

Comments

• ArestiaArestia Member NAT Warrior
    4 years
    Arestia Design Studios / Synapse Corporate Solutions
    Daniel L. Rust - Lead Architect
    Seattle, WA
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I never really kept track but I'd say it's been since about 1998, 1999, so about 6 years or so...
    I basically started as a typical n00b with HTML, but managed to pick up HTML 4.01.
    CSS was easy to get to grips with and updating my HTML skills to XHTML 1.0 was a walk in the park (I don't use XHTML 1.1 though since there's still problems with that).
    I started learning PHP and mySQL not too long ago simply because I joined a small programming site which mainly focused on PHP and I only knew Delphi ( Borland Object Pascal) when it came to application programming.
    I knew enough to avoid ASP like it was the devil in web form and since everyone I knew who did web programming liked PHP above everything else, I decided to look into it.
    At first I wasn't too keen in it since it uses a more C like syntax (if(condition){dothis} rather than if(condition) then dothis), but I have grown to like it (I got the hang of REGEX with PHP before REGEX with Delphi).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!