Need help with Photoshop web design

Ok I have a main page all layed out and the design is to have either tables or iframes appear on the page itself whenever you click on a link. A different table/iframe for each link. I'm not sure which to use: a table or iframe but I want to have a background within the frame itself. Can you do that with both a table and an iframe or just an iframe?
My images are strictly .psd right now. They have rollovers as well. How do I add the Iframes on the psd? Do i need to save it as something else and add the frames in another program? If this doesn't make any sense please tell me and i'll try to clarify. Thanks

-Patrick

Comments

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    My personal opinion don't use either.

Use CSS!

iframes are probably the worst decision though.

But once again I strongly urge you to learn CSS at the early stages of your learning.

CSS: Refrences

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
    http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/learning

I know I have more info but...
    I can't find it. Sorry:)
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    pat_kelly wrote:
    Ok I have a main page all layed out and the design is to have either tables or iframes appear on the page itself whenever you click on a link. A different table/iframe for each link. I'm not sure which to use: a table or iframe but I want to have a background within the frame itself. Can you do that with both a table and an iframe or just an iframe?
    My images are strictly .psd right now. They have rollovers as well. How do I add the Iframes on the psd? Do i need to save it as something else and add the frames in another program? If this doesn't make any sense please tell me and i'll try to clarify. Thanks

-Patrick
    Tables and Iframes are two different things.
    Iframes are inline frames, meaning they can be placed almost anywhere and don't need to be used in a frameset.
    Tables are a method of formatting tabular data such as comparison charts.
    To sound horribly eletist, I'd say that you should learn to use CSS, XHTML and a bit of PHP rather than either of those.
    Frames aren't liked by a number of search engines, so your website will be further down the list of search results.and tables aren't designed for building a site design.
    CSS is incredibly simple to get to grips with and if you plan on making a site, you'll need to know HTML (after XHTML 4.01, it changes to XHTML, which is pretty much the same, but with some slight differences).
    HTML isn't a full on programming language, it's a markup language (if you load a .RTF word document into NotePad, you should see a less user friendly markup language).
    HTML is fairly simple, so you should be able to pick up the basics of it within a week or so depending on what you're like with learning.
    My images are strictly .psd right now. They have rollovers as well. How do I add the Iframes on the psd? Do i need to save it as something else and add the frames in another program?
    Web pages need to be saved as HTML.
    If you're not using any server-side scripting like PHP, you'll need to save your HTML documents with the .html extension (.htm also works, but .html is best).
    Assuming that you have sliced up your image, you should be able to export to HTML with photoshop (I think).
    You can't add HTML directly through Photoshop, so you'd need a HTML editor like Dreamweaver or HTML-Kit (NotePad can handle this since HTML files are text based, but you won't get any help from it such as telling you where you are making mistakes).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    As mentioned above you firstly need to sluce and export your design

Slicing means that you define where the images are seperated - in a way where they have joins. Then once done you need to export it. This will then give you a single html page along with all of your sliced images...

The Royal Ram