Free vs Paid hosting

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Paid hosting is obviously better, well in my view it is anyway but Im just interested to see how many people have got each....

Cast your vote and post your opinions...

The Royal Ram

Comments

• mate_plmate_pl Junior Member NAT Warrior
    paid... 24/7 free telephone and e-mail support...
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Are they based in your country?

The Royal Ram

• james.ukjames.uk Junior Member Shared Hoster
    its mine, all mine muhahahah! ok yea i pay. but everything else is free.. i think the court order is still against me though :(

^^ thats a joke btw ;)
    A psychopath with dyslexia
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Paid 4, Wish it was free :D
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Paid. But I can host a load of small sites, and random stuff like pics, etc for just $3.50/month. Which my brother pays anyway, in return for me doing his site...
  • mate_plmate_pl Junior Member NAT Warrior
    Python wrote:
    Are they based in your country?

Aha...
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I can't afford to fork out for paid hosting when I'm not going to use it for anything that's likely to make me anything in return.
    If I developed a product I could sell, or something I knew would be popular enough to draw people to my site which I could have ads on, fair enough, but for a blog or something simple like that, I'm quite happy with free hosting so long as it's decent.
    My current free hosting account isn't great, but I'm only using it for testing stuff.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • gillygilly Junior Member Shared Hoster
    PAID - I can't understand why you wouldn't want it, the benefits like support and control with good stats!!

Plus quite a few free hosts dont allow php pages on there sites for security reasons!

Gilly
    Most people probably do want it but either cant afford it or dont see the need.

The Royal Ram

• FixItManFixItMan Beginner Link Clerk
    We host our own sites.
    So you own your own host?

The Royal Ram

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i pay for mine however you can get good hosting for free
    usually only something like 50mb and 1gb bandwidth or something but its possible to get i was hosted for free on websiteunited.com for about 12months until the guy started taking yearly payments and ripped everyone off then vanished but i never lost a penny :D
  • ododdododd Junior Member Shared Hoster
    free cause i haven't got the cash to fork over.....but i search around for good ones, and my sites never get that much traffic or anything really.......
    There are three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't