Books vs Computers for learning

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
If for example you wanted to learn something, a programming language perhaps do you prefer reading from a book to learn it or by reading on a computer from a website or perhaps an e-book?

If by book post the names of any computer/webdesign books you have.

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    If I think I'll have the info in a book, and I know where the book is, i'll try that. :)
  • mate_plmate_pl Junior Member NAT Warrior
    A book... but I hate learning... I've had two exams on Tuesday and Wednesday and I just counted that I have to learn about 3200 pages more to graduation... 8 exams left and 3200 pages left to learn... Quote from Metallica - One: "So please God help meeeee" :)

you probably see why I don't have nervs to learn programming :)
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Sounds like you got a lot of work ahead of you. All I can say is good luck

The Royal Ram

• FixItManFixItMan Beginner Link Clerk
    I like them both as I can read a book when I'm not near a computer and I like ebooks as they allow you to make the text size bigger :)
  • gillygilly Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I personally prefer to read the first few pages of some ebooks about the language to get to grips with the syntax and stuff and then i prefer to get hands on. Like i will find some free scripts in that language and pick the source code apart and figure it out myself!
  • mate_plmate_pl Junior Member NAT Warrior
    Python wrote:
    Sounds like you got a lot of work ahead of you. All I can say is good luck

about a year of work... thanks!
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i gerneally give it a try then look for help on the internet, books easily go out of date where as the internet is always upto date

unless its not something computer related - (probably not gonna expect this from me) im really into world war 2 and i hav a few books ive never read annything on the internet about that
  • ododdododd Junior Member Shared Hoster
    If i find a good book its a lot more helpful then anything i find onthe computer.....plus some books have references to their site which can display what its showing you....but i can't really understand half the things i read so meh
    There are three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Computer all the way, Much better than readin in my opinion :)
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • ododdododd Junior Member Shared Hoster
    It depends, some sites are helpful, and provide examples
    There are three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't