ipod nano

tonytony ModeratorAdministrator
where is the cheapest place to buy an ipod nano?
i seen some on ebay but then you add the p&p and its not much less than a shop

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Dont know. If its not much less than the shop price then just get it staright from the shop :)

The Royal Ram

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i prefer english places so if it does go wrong, i can go round with the boys and kick off :)
    Im thinking about getting a nano aswell.. I want to get some new monitors first though. Ive already got IPOD mini so that will do for now...

The Royal Ram

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Ipod nano's are virtually indestructable.
    A site actually tested it to see how hard it would be to break (to the point of the music not playing) and it still played after they had dropped it multiple times from different speeds and hights and they even ran a large car over it a few times.
    It was scratched to hell and the screen was mashed, but it still played music.
    In the end, they took turns to lob it 40ft into the air and back down onto onto concrete... which finally did it in.
    The amount of space for the price isn't great, but it shows that even though it looks like it'd snap in your pocket, it is well built.
    If I didn't have a PSP with 256MB PRO Duo and 32MB Duo memory cards (as well as 2 MD players, a CD player and a 256MB MP3 player) and I listened to more music, I'd think of getting one (I nearly bought a Mini, but now the Photo and Mini are discontinued in favour of the nano and all Ipods having photo support).
    Apple has attributed a fair bit of the increase in sales of their computers to the popularity of the Ipod line.
    People rated the PSP as an Ipod killer, but Apple seems to be hitting back (people thought the PSP would be the next big thing as it plays music, video, photo's, games and browses the net, but the poor battery lets it down).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I so so so want a nano!!!
    And the article Nuvo refers to is at: http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/ - I was reading it myself a few days ago.
    However!
    Look at this article
    and apple.com forum...

The ipod nano is impossible to not scratch.
    It's ridiculous! :(
    And the only solution (other than waiting for apple to bring out new unscratchable nano's) seems to be this: http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/ (more info)

So.... happy reading. :)
  • ododdododd Junior Member Shared Hoster
    umm local store when they have a sale?.....
    There are three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't
    after what ive read about the scratching i think ill leave it, my phone isnt easy to scratch and thats got a few and i dont want to get some protective wallet for it so i guess ill just keep on my search for a decent mp3 probably go for a creative zen micro
    Or wait a couple months.
    Apple are now refunding and replacing scratched nano's which suggests either one, or both of these:
    • Not all nano's have the scratch issue,
    • Apple have or will fix it.

So, no need to rush out and get an inferior mp3 player. ;) :P
  • ododdododd Junior Member Shared Hoster
    too late i have an inferior one...but it was cheap so its all good
    There are three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't
    i like i rivers but to get 1 that supports multiple playlists costs a fortune

anyway ive found http://www.archos.com/products/gmini_xs_100/index.html
    cheaper with more memory and has exactly what i want, it doesnt have a radio but im not too bothered i dont use the 1 on my existing mp3 player anyway
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Nuvo: Nice. thanks for that! I LOVED IT ;)
    Now that was good :) Very Nice

The Royal Ram

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Ummm, I'm pretty sure there was sommat on the news about errors with the Ipod nano. Not too sure tho, I was very tired :D
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
    Some people found that their nano's were scratched or had cracked screens.
    Apple has said they'll replace these faulty units with new ones.
  • DMo224DMo224 WP V.I.P. NAT Warrior
    Maybe I can send over some of the FR*Ee iPod spammers that we get, then you can sign up and get a free one! Woot!

You know those things really work. I have proof, 'cause my second cousin's friend that works in a lawyer's office knows a co-worker that's brother's best friend's ex-wife got one.

NOT!

Dave :D
    lmao...

I really would like a Nano and was going to get one but after hearing about all this scratch stuff im not too sure now

The Royal Ram

i got an archos gmini the other day theyre pretty good, not quite as small as an ipod nano and they look nicer than the pictures, theyre not bad
    i saw someone on my college bus today with a nano. people were askin him it had scratched nd he said not yet... he only had it four days ago tho

The Royal Ram

Apple has now officially announced that they are selling Ipod's with movie playback capabilities.
    The Ipod Video is the replacement for the Ipod Photo, which had it's features built into every new Ipod since the release of the Ipod Nano, which is a replacement for the Ipod Mini.
    The new Ipod comes with a 30 or 60GB HDD and can hold up to 150 hours of video (you probably wouldn't put that on it though or you'd run out of space for music).
    The display size has been increased and it's smaller than the last generation and the battery lasts longer too, but the starting price is $299 USD and £219 GBP.
    People have been waiting for Apple to produce such a product for some time as it was only logical if they planned to get some of the market in portable media players which is currently taken by Archos products and others such as the Sony PSP and the Tiger Gizmondo (not that many people bought a Gizmondo...).
    The Sony PSP wasn't such a big hit on Ipod sales as it was thought it'd be due to expencive memory and a poor battery, but with the discovery of homebrew and the news that companies like Datel (UK company known for the Action Replay cheat system) producing 4GB HDD's with inbuilt battery enhancers and others making addapters for other memory cards (SD and so on), the PSP could have a half decent future, even with the Ipod.
    The main problem with the new Ipod is that it is, according to the Metro newspaper (UK, distrobuted for free on busses and in cafe's), it doesn't have the ability to play a full movie for some reason (this won't be such an issue when Apple finally stops using IBM's crusty PowerPC technologies).
    Rating this as an innovation is pretty silly since people have been talking about Apple making the Ipod with movie support for some time, it looks like they actually listened :/