College assignment

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
About a week ago I had a college assignment set to be in by the 3rd November.

Basically we have to create a program using visual basic.net (which ive done) which can work out tax rates based on a bunch of different stuff. Then write up the user and technical documentation to it along with explanations of how the program works.

Im not far from finishing it though.

Anyone else here currently doing an assignment or perhaps coursework?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I actually dropped my programming class pretty early in the semester. I decided it was definatly not what i wanted to do as a career.
  • ChroderChroder Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I'm taking a C class. It's a markbook program. Pretty boring, actually. Load a file into arrays, save arrays to file, display the records, sort them etc.

The only "hard" part was creating a shell sort to sort the records.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Ive done some basic C++. But I mean extremely basic. Just a simple hello world script and a basic calulator throught a prompt

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    That's more than me. I bought the 1000 page book (£25 or $35) and lugged it home. When ill actually open it is a completely different matter.
    I'm still not getting far with PHP and someone suggested I should try Python before anything else.

Anyway, back on topic;
    I have ICT coursework using VisualBasic in EXCEL (so; VBA).
    It's pretty darn easy.
    I'm making a system where there is a list of products, a list of suppliers and a listof customers, each with a user-friendly "form" so the user can enter new products/suppliers/customers. A quote can be produced from these lists...
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Haha, Currently I'm doing a web site in front page using frames ;)

I have to do my GCSE in ICT this year and then my teacher said i can do my AS level next year. GCSE IT is so boring. The other day we all learned how to use word correctly ;)
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
    lmao... agreed. GCSE IT was the most boring part of school... well maybe

The Royal Ram

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    actually learning to use all the features in word can be pretty good, there are a lot of time saving features like macros and putting your own menus in, then you can put your macros in the menu :O, which can end up saving you hours if you write quite a few documents, which you will end up doing, also headers & footers, i used to write my name and othre details on every page until i found these out
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    fourtone87 wrote:
    what exactly is GCSE IT?
    GCSE level IT basically covers general PC usage such as turning the computer on and learning to use Word :/
    GCSE's are what you get here when you sit your exams in high school and they can determine what courses you can enrol in at college and some jobs require that you have certain ones.
    I didn't get to go on my IT course because not enough people enrolled for C++ programming and the VB tutor who interrogated interviewed me said that because I know Delphi (OOP version of Pascal), there'd be no point in taking VB and I should jump straight to C++.
    Despite leaving school without sitting my GCSE's because my school sucked and despite me pretty much nover getting into trouble (before moving there, I had no detentions or anything, but I got detentions for being late to class... it's easy to be late when someone is attacking you with fireworks of you're being attacked in some other way :[), I have probably learned more than what most of the people I was in school with have.
    I have no doubt that I would have passed IT with ease since I can turn a PC on and use basic apps like those in Office, and I'm pretty sure Delphi, XHTML, CSS, mySQL, PHP and such are beyond the scope of GCSE IT :/

ICT is just IT with a couple of extra's as far as I'm aware, C&G web design is a laughable qualification as anyone with more than half a brain cell can make a table based site in Dreamweaver and ECDL, please, my dad just did the exams and passed that, no course work required :|
    I would suck at CLAIT since it's touch typing, and I type fast but prefer to look at the keyboard rather than the screen and have really poor touch typing skills (hello, I'm typing this without looking at the keyboard and it's taking forever because I'm slow at touch typing and keep making mistakes... I'm supprised I managed to type this without looking down :/).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    I agree about what you said about ECDL - I done it and ye it was really easy to pass.

The Royal Ram

• tobytoby Beginner Link Clerk
    you know, i have an assighnment very similer to this one! :eek:
    ufjoin_blue.gif
    maybe... just maybe its because your in the same class ;)

The Royal Ram

• ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Python wrote:
    lmao... agreed. GCSE IT was the most boring part of school... well maybe

I dont think it was the most boring py, remember the laugh's that we had when Lee always got sent up to the duty Room:D
    lmao yeah. good times!

The Royal Ram

• ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    yep, maybe the best:)
  • summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    I had to do a web site for a journalism class. I also made a school site for a web design class. Neither sites are up but I can only make the site, its on the school to get it online.