Users & Mysql

james.ukjames.uk Junior MemberShared Hoster
This is properly something so simple. Registering users, ok sure you can register users to your site via MySQL using INSERT INTO but im just wondering about making a username and password that is already apart of the program i.e. the administrator can log in once the program has been installed. Also the admin can at a later date add users and change user details.

Any ideas because i dont fancy going flat file.
A psychopath with dyslexia

Comments

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    you mean like using a premade membership script?
    ban1.gif
  • james.ukjames.uk Junior Member Shared Hoster
    No sorry, i dont know how to explain this.

Ok, say this project im working has automatically got a username and password which is apart of the code. Basically this will allow the administrator to login once the program has installed on the server.

I starting to think i would have to create an row in the database with a standard usern/ and pass with administrator rights. Then add a separate admin page which will allow the user to create additional users.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I see so you want to have administrators which have got extra privelages...

Ok you could create a new table which has got the admin users in and then just create a page which only they can access (by using a different cookie or something).. Or you could create a permissions system on the current users table however this is more complex...

The Royal Ram

• james.ukjames.uk Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Em, never mind about this one, I've come with a solution.

An install page... just thought i could have my customers login on a certain page to enter the usern/ and pass/ which will adjust the details in the database. Then once they have updated the information they or i can delete the install folder.

Oh, in that case how would i create a warning once the install has completed to advise the user to delete certain folders.
  • $cripts$cripts Beginner Link Clerk
    in a file that is included every just use
    say u have an install dir
    if(dir(install))
    {
    echo "please delete the install directory";
    die();
    }
    put at top of code let run before anything else :)