Portfolio site layout

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Im soon going to be creating my new portfolio site...

Anyone got any suggestions as to what a good portfolio site should have/look like?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Portfolio sites should show off what you can do, but shouldn't be over complicated.
    Generally, you should make sure your code is decent as any self confessed nerd will look at your coding skills, though those who are less knowlagable (such as individuals with no site skills or companies) won't actually care as long as the page looks good in their browser (which is usually IE :[).
    Of course, graphics skill is something you'll want to show if you plan to build a site showing that you can turn your hand to most aspects of web design, but I wouldn't go overboard (especially if you use a fair bit of scripting since it can bog things down and make loading slow) and I'd avoid large amounts of Flash as not everyone likes it and not all users can view Flash animations.
    What style you go for is up to you... It is your site after all :/
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!