PHPSESSID problem after links

danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P.VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
On only one of my pages, after every link it creates a ?&PHPSESSID343356636=345352345 and some weird random numbers

it contains basically the same code as all the other pages except for the content.

Its invalidating my code!!! which sucks!!!!!!

i managed to create my FIRST xhtml 1.0 valid page in years, and then i copy the page and this weird thing happens.

Anyone know why this is happening?

here is the code of the messed up page:

http://www.vipercreations.com/tutorials.txt
ban1.gif

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM

The Royal Ram

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    fixed the link...www instead of cms
    ban1.gif
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Don't make your code generate links with the ampersand symbol in them.
    XHTML validation systems will tell you that you should use & which is the ampersand ASCII symbol code.
    The links will still function correctly as & is automatically changed to the ampersand symbol by the browser.
    Also, your main page isn't valid as it contains empty <center></center> tags.
    Designed by - Zymic.com
    This worries me when you say you're planning to offer 'premium' templates... If your site is developed by someone else, what's to say you'll be any good at making them for other people?
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    nuvo i got my site made by some one else because i didnt have the time to make my own. my friend is an absolute king at photoshop and can made templates a helluva lot better than you can so there

and i dont want those weird links to be there, so if you could get ur ass outta the gutter and please help me with what i need instead of critisizing my work.

thanks though

(not in a good mood sry)
    ban1.gif
    btw nuvo my index.php page is perfectly valid. xhtml 1.0 transitional
    click the button for yourself if you dont believe me
    ban1.gif
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Try running it through Tidy.
    Tidy detects and strips 2 empty sets of <center> tags.
    This isn't one of those world breaking errors that the W3C validator will catch, but Tidy still sees it as something to be rectified.
    If you can't build your own site (be it due to lack of time or skill), why should people trust you to build theirs?
    If your friend is so good with photoshop, then why didn't he make the graphics and leave you to do the code?
    That way, you would come off better and there'd be no more work envolved on your part as you coded the backend anyway.
    I never said anything about your skills, but if you think about it logically, it'd be like going to php.net and finding that it's coded in ASP (why would they doubt that PHP is less capable than ASP and if they trust ASP over their own language, why wouldn't you?).
    I don't care how good your friend is with photoshop as I don't even use photoshop (the last version I installed was v4) and I'm not a graphic designer, I'm a programmer for the most part.
    As an advocate of W3C standards, I'm pretty sure I can tell if there's a problem with validation (I have multiple applications which can accurately scan, update, convert and repair HTML code, some of which I have coded) and the W3C validator doesn't always pick up on less extreme code faults such as those which make firefox show the warning sign when I view your site (there's a Tidy based plugin which is pretty useful).
    Links such as index.php?var=1234&var2=12345 are perfectly valid so long as you write them in code as index.php?var=1234&var2=12345, so as long as they are written in code properly, they should not be the source of your problem.
    It's more likely that something else, possibly something using these variables, is what is causing the invalidation.
    Unless you have some specific need for sessions ro be used, that kind of link url isn't even needed as you could have something more like index.php?id=1 or even site.com/mytutorial with a bit of mod_rewrite trickery.
    I did mention that this could be one problem in my first post.
    The best way to find out what's causing the problem is to use a good validator like Tidy which will tell you what is causing the problem and where it is.
    Implementations of Tidy such as the one in HTML-Kit (from http://www.chami.com) can usually fix simple errors for you (Tidy is an Open Source application found on sourceforge.net and it's reccomended by W3C members as well as many web designers).

If you can't take a little bit of C&C, I'm sorry.
    People are going to give you critisism wether you want it or not if you're going to try your hand at something like running a template site.
    It is from this that you can learn what people want and what they like so you can do a better job of designing your stuff.
    When I'm designing an application, I distrobute pre-release versions so people can tell me what they like, and what they don't.
    Then I go away and change things so that the app is easier to use and nicer to look at, based on their C&C.
    Double posting just to bitch at me was pointless since your method for doing so is spectacularly childish and as Felix will tell you, I come from the veritable hell known as Gamingw.net, where simple insults make anything I have witnessed elswhere seem weak.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    thank you
    ban1.gif
    how am i supposed to get this tidy thing
    ban1.gif