Extra hard drive

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
I was having a few problems with my computer so I went ahead and just formatted it... I was using one 10GB and one 80GB hard drive but since I had one available I replaced the 10 with a 40... Total of 120GB... It could be better but it will do for now :D

Qhat size hard drive you got in your system?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I have 30GB in my iBook.
    I experienced my first trouble yesterday. I was getting warnings in all my open applications that there was no memory left to save anything.
    I quickly scanned through some of my folders and deleted about 5GB of junk.
    I'm wishing I had asked for an External for Christmas - now I'll just have to hang on untill I can get one afterwards.
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    i got 160 gigs on my main pc, and on my backup pc i have 160 too :)

+ dvd+-r/rw

life is good
    ban1.gif
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    So in total 320 Gigs of storage - not bad at all ;)

The Royal Ram

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    yeah well its on two different computers. the one i use only had 160, and the other one my sister uses...it used to run alot better with its 64 bit compared to my 32 processor, but then came my sister. no more to say lol now its all screwed up and slow. I keep mine in mint condition!
    ban1.gif
  • mate_plmate_pl Junior Member NAT Warrior
    2*80GB WD SATA 8 cache in RAID0 array... 70+ MB transfer rate! Faaaaaaast! But I am seriously thinking about buying one more for backup because having RAID is also twice riskier...
  • ChroderChroder Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I have an 80gig IDE and a 160gig SATA. I'm probably going to buy another soon, as I still have to clear out old files continuously.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I have a poxy 40GB HDD, but then there's writable CD's and DVD's as well as media cards and USB thumb drives...
    I suppose my drive seems so small for what I do as it's split up between XP, Ubuntu and a backup partition (stupid HP backup garbage).
    I'll get more space eventually, but I haven't got the cash just now (I'm thinking of building a new PC that'll be mostly Linux oriented, so I'll get a new drive then and add when required).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Ahh speaking of DVD's I done something really stupid last week :D

I bought 50 blank DVD disks... when they arrived I remembered I dont have a DVD writer yet ;)

The Royal Ram