Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Heh... Well... Hmm...
    No...
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    100% xhtml valid :)
    ban1.gif
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I usually have valid CSS and XHTML on the final version of my sites.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    XHTML 1.0 transitional and CSS2 valid as well as meeting a fair number of 501 standards (accessibility standards) and I try to make my code as clean as possible (my editor has Tidy integrated into it, tab indenting and other stuff to make this quicker for me to do).
    Also, I don't use tables for the page layout.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    good good :D

The Royal Ram

what do you use for editing nuvo?
    ban1.gif
  • ChroderChroder Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I comply with standards when it makes the code clean. But I don't stress over compliancy. For example, I sometimes use the non-standard '-moz-border-radius' CSS property on some elements. While this is not compliant, it gives a nice effect for Moz browsers and doesn't degrade the experience for anyone else.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I try to make all of my code 100% XHTML compliant. I generally dont bother too much with making the CSS 100% although I dont stray too far from the guidelines.

The Royal Ram

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    danielneri wrote:
    what do you use for editing nuvo?
    Scite, HTML-Kit or my own when I get around to actually building parts of it, but it's based on scintilla anyway (scite is a demo of what can be done with scintilla, but it's become well known in it's own right).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    whats the difference between them though they are both free to download :S
    ban1.gif
  • TheDonkeyTheDonkey Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I go for 100% valid XHTML....However sometimes if I have to have things that allow my code to not be valid no matter what I do I try to place them all on one non-valid page...

I have even gone through the hedaches of making Flash coded into a site XHTML valid and cross browser compatiable...albiet it uses java which I personally HATE....
    Capt. D
    F18_468x60.jpg
  • phpnutphpnut Junior Member Shared Hoster
    As long as I'm not doing things hugely wrong, I'm not too concerned. For example, if i define <div id='normal'>TEXT<div> and then do it again right next to it... I'm not going to freak. But if i have something in a form or table messed up... then it's time to worry.
    That's why I love server-side scripting... I know it's going to work out the same for everyone - not depending on what browser they use.
    My ongoing projects...
    www.naturesmagazine.com
    www.energyreform.org *new domain*
    www.photographyavenue.com
    ----
    You may also remember me as imnewtophp...
  • ryanryan Beginner Link Clerk
    I always have valid code. Makes the page esier to read and search engine freindlier