Advanced PHP/MySQL User Membership Script Help

TixylixTixylix BeginnerLink Clerk
http://www.devdreams.com/tutorials/t/61

I Need some help with the MySQL Bit, I Dont Know How To Do It, Full Stop.

LOL. Thanks.

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Expand a bit more on what you mean... You having trouble creating the tables? Or the actual script?

Let us know and maybe we can help...

The Royal Ram

• TixylixTixylix Beginner Link Clerk
    I dont know how to create the tables for a start, i know how to do the rest, ive just never used MySQL before.
    Ok... well Ill take you through it..

First of all you need to create the tables. The code is given for that...
    CREATE TABLE `users` (

`userid` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

`username` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,

`password` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL ,

`email` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,

`biography` TEXT NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `userid` )

);

Go into your cPanel or whatever control hosting panel your using and try to find the MySQL databases icon. Click into that and then at the bottom of the page you will find a phpMyAdmin link. Click on that. This brings up phpMyAdmin which is used for managing MySQL databases. On the left hand side you need to select a database. Once selected in the main window click on SQL and then in the big text box which shows up copy and paste the above code. Then click go.

And that will then create the tables...

The Royal Ram

Thank-You, Done That.

One More Question, How Do I Know What The Database password And Username Is?
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    If you use C-panel just go to mysql databases and it will give you the connection string for the database you want to connect to. or you could just make a new one?

p.s. MY 300th POST :D:D:D
    ban1.gif
    ^^ Exactly... although that wont let you know what your password is...Only the database name and user will be shown...

If your unsure create a new database, then a new user and add the user to the database with all privelages - all this is done on that MySQL databases page

The Royal Ram

k, got it, thanks
  • GeekmationGeekmation Beginner Link Clerk
    Was this script taken down? Everytime I click the link it takes me to the main forums page.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Geekmation wrote: »
    Was this script taken down? Everytime I click the link it takes me to the main forums page.
    Your right Geekmation. We had a hosting crash in June of this year in which some data was lost including the link your trying to access. See this thread for more details about our crash: http://www.webmasterpost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2721
  • GeekmationGeekmation Beginner Link Clerk
    Thanks!

is there another tutorial & script of this type of coding?

I need something that will let my users login and I can make a custom page for person(s) and/or groups.
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Perhaps this topic is outdated. We might as well add a tutorial about PHP & the use of Databases. I'll test mine and upload it for you guys this week.

-xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]