How did you get involved?

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Im just curious - how did you get involved with webdesign?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Started with a free, online WYSIWYG editor... Made a page about myself. :P
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Ahh right cool... Do you still have it saved somewhere?

I started off because my brother was doing it (he knew how to use dreamweaver to create an extremely simple table design). I gave it a go and got hooked ;)

I then made a few websites using free hosting - I would like to get hold of the sites though so I could compare to what I make now

The Royal Ram

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Can't remember really, but I suppose it was because I wanted a site for, well, I don't know (which is probably why it didn't live very long).
    I used some free page builder, but thought the outcome was pretty lame, so I started learning HTML.
    After HTML, CSS was the obvious thing to learn and then I moved on to PHP and table free design :D
    I don't think I could use tables again even if I wanted to, I'm just so used to div's :rog:
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Shortly after I learnt HTML, <b>, <i>, etc became depreciated so I started using CSS and divs instead of tables, at the same time.
    I also could not code a all-singing-all-dancing table off the top of my head now.
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Dunno really....i think Python might have brain washed me :)
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Yeah that sounds about right :D

The Royal Ram

• lozzas1810lozzas1810 Senior Member The Royal RAM
    im not really involved wid webdesignin but i did learn a bit of html
    devspc3.gif