Your Workspace & Desktop

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
We had one of these a while ago but it didnt last that long... so this time this has been made a sticky :D

In this thread the idea is to:
> Take some photos of your workspace (your computer layout/setup) and post the pictures here.
> Do a print screen of your desktop and post it here

If you need somewhere to upload your images to use http://www.imageshack.us

Ill begin...

My Desktop:
2.png

Workspace:
1.png

Hopefully at the end of this month Ill be adding an extra TFT monitor :D

Now post yours.

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I would have to take a couple dozen pics to show off my workspace(s) and you really do NOT want to see my desktop. ;)
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Yes we do :D

Start taking pics - I want to see your Mac

The Royal Ram

• ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Ill try and do mine soon too ;)
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'll also show you my desktop soon.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    I daren't show mine lol
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Here you go:

Desktop

I love a clean desktop ^^

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

Hehe, here you have mine!

WatchOut's Desktop

Hehe, i like my desktop, i usually put cars but i thought it would be good to change my style, abit.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Introducing my take on zen computing:
    Plain desktop
    Firefox 1.5 showing a test version of a CMS I'm building
    jEdit with Ruby on Rails add-on's

I'm running XGL and Beryl to get visual effects and while these can do much flashier things than what I've got here, I decided that going for a slightly plainer Beryl theme would be more in tune with what I wanted to create.
    I like the simplicity of having just the black, white and subtle greys as it means I can concentrate on what I'm doing rather than on the pretty visual elements on screen (though I do find the simplicity attractive as it's the kind of minimalistic style I like).
    My wallpaper is from Deviantart and I found it fitting since I'm running Linux and Linux' mascot is Tux the penguin.
    The only two icons on my desktop are for NTFS partitions (one per HDD) as all my other icons are in a little menu shown when the little (almost invisible, next to the System menu) foot icon in the top panel is clicked.
    On the right of that panel, there's the clock, volume tool, tray icons (Synaptic and Beryl), the desktop switcher (it looks different with Beryl or Compiz running, so there's no real split between desktops... Probably due to how Compiz treats virtual desktops as one incredibly long desktop wrapped around a cube) and that most handy of tools, a Finder style search bar (you type something in and it brings up a list of apps, files and web related gubbins).
    My recycle bin is down in the right corner on the lower panel, not on the main desktop.

I'm not really happy with my current Firefox theme and I'm thinking of going for one I've found which is also available (and which I'm currently using) for Opera, which has smaller icons and looks a fair bit better without being flashy.
    In Firefox I have the following handy extensions:
    Web developer (the nerdy looking toolbar)
    HTML Validator (Tidy in the browser, lower right corner icon)
    Tab X (puts close buttons on tabs)
    HashColouredTabs (puts a different colour on each tab which has no icon for ease of use despite my colour blindness)
    DevBoi (turns Firefox into an API documentation browser for languages like PHP and Ruby \ Rails).

Basically, following the OS X idea of not being distracting, but in a more Japanese black and white minimalism with penguins kind of way...
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Nice desktop Nuvo, it's clean and it's simple!

Really cool. =)
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
    My new and improved desktop and workspace (AIO):

desktopgs5.jpg

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

• stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    This is my desktop hereYup, Im a final fantasy fan :D
    Ah, same here. I really like the Final Fantasy series, esspecially VII and X.

Woh, that looks chaotic Caz =P

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

• fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    Hubby is a FF fan, i tried 8 once but nah wasn't for me. Hubby has nearly finished X for about the 4th time, he loves them. I'm a grand theft auto gal myself

Anywho...here's my dektop for this month. I change them frequently
    80333-t.jpg

We are soooooooo scruffy, this poor laptop is doing the job of 2 pc's. All my stuff and hubby's stuff is on this one..which is why the desktop is crammed full of shortcuts....roll on next yr when i can have one all to myself :)

This is a photo i took of the kids play area down the road. I played in psp with it to take all of the color out apart from the sea saw and rocket. Hubby hates it, but i like it for now.

Hugs
    Fi
    xoxo
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Daniel has a sweet new setup!

Hooked my pc up to my 65 inch tv earlier -

http://vipercreations.com/portal/data/Computer%20001.jpg

That was great, played BF2 with surround sound. Intense!

Then the simple dual monitors thing - my desktop + workspace
    http://vipercreations.com/portal/data/Computer%20003.jpg

What do you think? :D
    ban1.gif