Add pics to PHP/MySQL User Membership Script??

ethanethan BeginnerLink Clerk
Hey everyone...great script. I was wondering if there is a simple way to add pics to the user profiles. It seems the issue I am confronting is managing the pic files as it seems that they cannot be stored directly in the MySQL DB...

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,
Ethan

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Well firstly you would need/want to create a user profile section where the user could upload their picture.. When its being uploaded you could rename it to the users id.. Then you could call that specific users picture using their id...

The Royal Ram

• ethanethan Beginner Link Clerk
    Thanks for the reply! That makes sense. And the more I look at my site concept, the more I get the feeling I will need a pic management system for each user...so they can have several pics of their car, etc. It looks like I have a lot of work ahead :)

I do have a little pic related code from another one of my sites that I may try to weave in here...

Thanks again!
    Python wrote:
    Well firstly you would need/want to create a user profile section where the user could upload their picture.. When its being uploaded you could rename it to the users id.. Then you could call that specific users picture using their id...
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    You can store binary files such as images in a mysqlDB, if you know how, but opinions on how effective this is and wether or not it should be done are a different matter.
    Here's a tutorial on storing such files with mySQL: http://www.phpriot.com/d/articles/database/images-in-mysql/
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • ethanethan Beginner Link Clerk
    Very cool...I will look over the linked info and try it out. I'll post up on the results...I am still pretty new to php in general, but enjoying it so far!

Thank you!
    Ethan
    Nuvo wrote:
    You can store binary files such as images in a mysqlDB, if you know how, but opinions on how effective this is and wether or not it should be done are a different matter.
    Here's a tutorial on storing such files with mySQL: <link deleted>