PC World?

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
I don't know one person whether on or offline that doesn't dislike PC World for one reason or another, the place seems to rank up there as one of the worst PC Retailers.

A few of the reasons I can think of would be the small print, after-sales support, faulty products. I'm wondering in everyone else opinion what other store chains rate up there with the dreaded PC World?
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    MGDesigns wrote:
    I'm wondering in everyone else opinion what other store chains rate up there with the dreaded PC World?

Here in the US, we have a store I hate called CompUSA. There prices are double what you can get online and the support is terrible.

The store I love is Best Buy. I often find prices in Best Buy that are competitve with buying online and when I buy from there, it's easier to return things. (Hate returning things to online retailers).
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    A PC World opened near me recently, and I have to say, it's better than any other I've been in.
    The staff don't bug you, there's a decent sellection of gear and I didn't get some half wit on the check out the last time I bought something from them.

I wouldn't reccomend PCIdeas as I had a relative that worked for them and as far as I seen, their staff are pretty dim (they have a small shop with about 50 big tems and they have to run each through an IPOS system to find out the price, if they actually stock the item and what item is), they suck at stocking items (they didn't have a component I needed, so I ordered it and said I'd pick it up the following weekend as they would get it my Monday, but it never actually came, so I got it from, yeah, PC World) and their prices are unbelievable sometimes (Me: "So, I'm after a wireless mouse that's inexpencive and suitable for office use... PC World only had gaming grade mice, which were about ?30 each", 'Tard: "Yeah, you probably don't need that kind of mouse as they aren't great for desktop use... We have this one at ?60 if you're interested!"... I got one from Tesco for ?14.99 and it's pretty good for a Microsoft product).

I bought my GeForce 6600 256MB AGP graphics card and 2 Belikin 902.11G cards from PC World without any problems.
    In fact, I'm hardly going to complain as with a little research, I found that the card I'd purchased as a GeForce FX 5500 was in fact a GeForce 6600 (well, it's definitely higher than the spec for the FX 5500 on the makers site, and identifies as a 6600).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • Awakened-SouljaAwakened-Soulja Beginner Link Clerk
    I havent ever been in PCWorld, but something tells me they are dodgy lol. Yes, i dislike them because my head tells me to dislike them, i just do!. Maybe because they are Perfect? Mayybe.