ECS Motherboards

I am always reading posts and reviews for people dogging on ECS. And frankly I don't understand it. I have built literally a dozen machines using different ECS boards and never have any of them failed or been found to lack in any area. My main 2 machines at home are still running with these boards.

I started with the K7S5A board, one of the first ones released. This board would take either SDRAM or DDR. You could not use both at the same time, but you could use either/or. The only thing I didn't like about this board was the that USB drivers were 1.0, so slower than 2.0.

Next, I used the K7S5A Pro board but only used this on one system. It worked well at the time, but then I sold the system. I never heard a complaint from the guy who bought it.

Next I used the K7VTA2. I only used this board on one system also, but it was my main system at home. It ran for about 2 years and then it stopped recognizing the HDD intermitently. Some TS told me that is was the MB and once I changed it all was well. I was disappointed to get rid of that one becase it had a fast FSB and was USB 2.0. I never had any problems with it and for only $60, I think that 2 years was good (although I still have one system at home with a K7S5A which has been running for 3.5+ years)

Next I got AMD64+ Socket 754 for my wifes computer. I don't remember the model # on it, but I will look tonight. It was SATA compatible and had all the latest features. It ran so well that I upgraded my own system just a few months later to another Socket 754 board, but got the newer model board. Both machines are still running fast and strong.

So my experience with these boards has been a good one. And for the price you really can't beat them.