Shop/Gallery Script

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Does anyone know of any decent free/budget priced Shop/Gallery integrated PHP Scripts? Or tutorials?

Tutorials would be great cause it'll give me a project instead of just a quick install :D
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Coppermine is supposedly decent as a gallery script.
    osCommerce might be worth a look if you're after a shop managment system (I'm assuming it's decent as a lot of hosts offer it over other products).

If you're not bothered about hosting your shop on your own site, I've been seeing and hearing good things about Shopify, a site which lets you build and run your own eStore for free.
    It uses a decent templating language (Liquid, which is similar to Smarty for PHP) and I'm pretty sure that unlike Caffepress, you can use your own products rather than stock items with your designs plastered onto them (though this does mean that you handle stock).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Thanks Nuvo :D

I've been using Coppermine for a while and I really don't like it at all, so thats a no go, but I'll look into the rest
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    Oh lord Moddy is off on another geek adventure rofl
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
    LOL Katra, you know you'll benefit from my geek adventures *snicker*
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • phpnutphpnut Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I just finished building one of these systems for a client. Since I couldn't use something premade, I had to build my own shopping cart application.
    Since I had a photograph gallery already set up, I just had a button on each page displaying the item that said "Add To Cart." This button pointed to addToCart.php with GET data specifying the item number and size of the photograph (either 8x10 or 11x14). This page would add a row to a database with the users php session id, item number, price, size, etc.
    Other pages included showCart.php which essentially retrieved all rows matching the user's php session id and displayed them with the accumulated price.
    I didn't add credit card processing due to security concerns, but did give the user an email address to send PayPal payment of the total along with a ten digit rand() generated confirmation number to include with the payment. Details such as name, address, email, confirmation number, items purchased, etc. were stored in another table in my shopping cart application database.

While this was not a tutorial, I hope it gives you some direction with building your shopping cart application. If you need any specific help, I'm sure all of us here would be more than willing to lend a hand.
    My ongoing projects...
    www.naturesmagazine.com
    www.energyreform.org *new domain*
    www.photographyavenue.com
    ----
    You may also remember me as imnewtophp...
    Don't suppose you fancy writing a tutorial on your gallery and shopping cart script? :D
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • phpnutphpnut Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I would love to, but due to my contract with the client... I cannot legally do so (the client holds copyright to all web application files).
    Sorry! :sorry:
    My ongoing projects...
    www.naturesmagazine.com
    www.energyreform.org *new domain*
    www.photographyavenue.com
    ----
    You may also remember me as imnewtophp...
    Oh well
    Thanks anyway :D
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery