Cease & Desist

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Have any of you ever received a dreaded C&D letter? Really?

What were your first reactions?
Did you comply with the letter or ignore it?
What was the reason(s) for being sent the C&D?

Have you ever sent a Cease and Desist letter?

Did it end there?
or
Was further action necessary?
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Thank God, I've never received a C&D letter, I've been threatened to be taken to WIPO (court like system for domain disputes).

GoDaddy said they were going to take me to WIPO if I didn't sell them GoMommy.com (which I did sell to them).
  • whitefangwhitefang Beginner Link Clerk
    Thank God, I've never received a C&D letter, I've been threatened to be taken to WIPO (court like system for domain disputes).

GoDaddy said they were going to take me to WIPO if I didn't sell them GoMommy.com (which I did sell to them).

That's ridiculous. GoMommy.com could be a site for moms or preschoolers or something, nothing to do with a domain hosting site. Thats just petty.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    whitefang wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. GoMommy.com could be a site for moms or preschoolers or something, nothing to do with a domain hosting site. Thats just petty.

I agree but this kind of bullying from big companies that like to throw their weight around happens all the time. You see, they have the lawyers and money to make it cost you more than it's worth to keep your domain so it's easier to give it up. It's sad that every company isn't guided by ethics.