New Paint Shop Pro Version

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Corel has released a new version of Paint Shop Pro, Paint Shop Pro Photo XI (PSPPXI). Anyway it is retailing for ?89.99 on UK site and $99.99 on the US site, it is also possible to upgrade from previous versions.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Product_C1&cid=1155872554948&lc=en&pagename=CorelCom%2FLayout

I haven't tried it myself but if it is anything like PSP X, then expect it to crash during install, crash after 3rd party plugin installation and the update patch they release to fix the bugs lol
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Do people still use PSP?
    I was pretty sure that almost everyone used Photoshop under Windows or OS X these days.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    PSP doesn't actually work under OS X and yes thousands do still use PSP, including some members here :)
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Yup there are some silly people like me who still use PSP, I have PSP X, but rarely use it since I cannot adjust it too suit my visiual needs so I continue to use PSP 9. Hopefully soon I will learn how to use Photo Shop -=smiles at Katra and Moddy=- But I do believe I will continue to use PSP along with PhotShop. As for this new and improve PSP XI, Corel can keep it. I will not spend another dime on PSP products... unless someone gives me the money LOL
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
    *glares at Gina*

Silly for using PSP? hmmmm
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    MGDesigns wrote: »
    PSP doesn't actually work under OS X and yes thousands do still use PSP, including some members here :)
    Photoshop works under OS X though, so most people who are serious about graphics design and use Windows or OS X use Photoshop.
    Personally, I don't use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro as that would be a waste of money for me as I don't do as much graphics work as some people here and most of the graphics I do are done with a dedicated vector editor like Xara Xtreme, rather than a raster editor with a few vector like features tacked on.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Yes I know Photoshop works under OS X as I've had the pleasure of working with PS on OS X, but even that has it's own disadvantages. However I'm yet to come across any software, whether graphic related or not, that doesn't have disadvantages.

Have you ever used PSP and/or PS? If so, for how long? :)
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    I used Photoshop for about a week and hated it.

I prefer vector (math) editors over raster (pixels) editors and decided that Fireworks MX was a better option for what I wanted to do.
    Under Linux, Xara Xtreme fills the gap left by not having Fireworks for Linux and it's free as well... Unless you want the Windows version, which is commercial (the OS X version will be free as well as soon as a port is made to get it running on there, which should happen as the *nix version is open source).
    I have GIMP for raster editing, but I've only used it about 3 times in the last 6 months, but I've used Xara Xtreme about 3 times in the space of a week.
    Yep I know the difference between Vector and Raster as I've done Multimedia in college, but knew long before then :)

Why did you hate PS? I mean it is a pretty strong word just to describe a dislikeness for a graphics editor lol
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    *glares at Gina*

Silly for using PSP? hmmmm

-=glares back=- Well some people think we are silly for using it. -=nod nod=-
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Na Gina you got it all wrong!!! People just think you are silly :hello:
    *whacks Lurk* be nice to the pirate daughter :rofl:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Thanks for my own emote Lurk
  • Hi There
    Im another nutter who uses Psp...lol I stayed with PsP 9 .. the others havent tryed 10 or the 11 .. but Im learning Photoshop :D It time to move on
    I bit the bullet and downloaded the trial and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! Lets start off with my PC is 3 times the recommended specification (notice I said recommended, not minimum).

It took just under 7 minutes for it to load, around 2 minutes to open a 100kb JPG file and crashed right after the file opened.

If anyone is interested in getting PSP, stick to versions 7 or 9 :)
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    I bit the bullet and downloaded the trial and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! Lets start off with my PC is 3 times the recommended specification (notice I said recommended, not minimum).
    It took just under 7 minutes for it to load, around 2 minutes to open a 100kb JPG file and crashed right after the file opened.
    If anyone is interested in getting PSP, stick to versions 7 or 9 :)

Ouch! Sounds like they have software problems. Thanks for the review Moddy.
    Very welcome Bryant! :D

Corel always have software problems with software they buy from other companies, happened with Bryce as well.
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I've used pain shop pro, but i like Photoshop more, pretty expensive though
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    oooo I'm a PSP - PXI user....I didn't have any of the problems you had Moddy, yeah it has a tendancy to crash but hell on this laptop everything crashes lol so I can't blame psp for that. This laptop just wasn't built for the type of crap we put it through on a daily basis.
    The laptop is hubbies and the sole purpose for buying wgas so he could burn his dvd's without me moaning that he stole my puter lol. We are now sharing the laptop for everything. Hubby loves downloading films and stuff. I psp and surf and the poor thing can't multi-task...it's not a female laptop lol

I tell you what...I will re-assess PSP PXI next yr when I get a new laptop all for me :D
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    I have psppxi and it works perfectly for me. Doesnt crash on me, or take ages to load, but i havent used it much lately. I also have photoshop, which I do like, but dont know how to use very well (doing lessons at wwwc though. I quite like psppxi to be honest, it suits me well.
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    Photoshop is better than PSP though I used PSP like a year ago.. the old version which came bundled with other softwares.
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    I suppose it all comes down to user preference. I started using PSP when I started using MSN groups yrs ago. I started with 7 and gradually upgraded until I hit PSPXI now. I will probbaly have another go at photoshop & a few other programmes (Bryce/Poser) when I get my own pc next yr.
    This laptop and hubby just couldn't cope with any more programmes running on it.
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart