How Often Site Make Over?

How often should you do a complete site makeover? Should it be based on when there is a new design format you want to use? Or maybe once a year?

How often do you do site re-designs?

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I usually change mine about twice a year, just basically because I get bored with the design. I'm currently working on Version 4 :)
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    You should change the design when you need to.
    Sites which start to die off often benefit from new looks and features designed to bring back the userbase.
    Sites which frequently change their designs and code only annoy users who don't want to bother with a site which is going to be down for updates every few weeks or so.
    If you want to have the option of changing the look of your site, implement some form of theme support so that you can change the look of the site without breaking it.
    If you're trying to add new features, try to do it discreetly without taking the whole site offline as it isn't needed and will only irritate those using your site at the time.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I should have mentioned that I'm working on version 4 on my local testing server, upload different parts to a different directory to get feedback etc before going live.
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Hmm.. I have nto changed mine since it went up a few years ago. It should be updated, the format should be changed but I have not found a format I like and can work with. So it stays as it is until I do. BTW, I want to keep my banner so that is another reason it has not been changed. :glasses2:
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon