Visual C++ and Visual Basic 2005

danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P.VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
I recently downloaded both Visual C++ and Visual Basic Express Editions along with Sql Server Express Edition, hoping to learn some new languages

Does anyone know any good resources for learning visual c++ and visual basic?

right now im clueles lol

actually any help would be appreciated! :confused: :confused:
ban1.gif

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    VB = AGAGAGH!!!
    C++ = Google.

Seriously, I wouldn't bother with VB as it's far from perfect.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I know some VB... enough to make some basic programs :D I learnt it all in college though...

And same goes for C++ but I know much less.

Maybe take a look at Tutorialized.com

The Royal Ram

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    ah thanks guys
    ban1.gif
    The reason why I say VB is a language I'd avoid is that it's not as powerful as C++, C# or even Delphi (despite being a beginner level language, Object Pascal can match up to C++ in quite a few area's).
    Some apps require that you have a runtime package (you might know of this if you've used an app programmed in VB before) and Visual BASIC is far less portable than C++, which is pretty much a standard language on most OS's (though using some Microsoft only code will make life more difficult when if you want to move to say, linux or OS X).
    experts exchange has loads of sollutions to problems people have run into using C++ and VB, but in my experience, their site is a bit slow and the advanced search features are for paying members only (that was some time ago)...

P.S.
    Yes, the name did cause some ammusement, but now there's a hyphen (here's a clue, 3 words and plastic surgery).
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    LMAO - Just noticed what the domain is without the quotes :P

The Royal Ram

• ChroderChroder Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Since you say "recently downloaded ... Express Edition", I assume you are referring to MS's .NET solutions. If so, VB.NET has the exact same capabilities as C#, C++.NET etc.

The only difference between the languages is syntax. There are a few (very few) features that exist only in one and not the others, but since they all use the .NET framework, it does not matter which of them you choose to learn.

If you do mean VB (that would be VB6) or Visual C++, then it depends. VB makes it extremely easy to create applications. For a beginner, learning VB might very well be the best choice. It is true that the strict C++ standard is cross platform, but you won't be making any Visual applications that would be cross platform (even creating console applications using just standard libraries isn't very interesting). The "visual" part is all Microsoft. Visual C++ is very difficult to learn compared to the ease of Visual Basic.

It would be more worthwhile to jump into learning C/C++ (if you plan on developing for Mac OS, then Objective-C) and get your feet wet in console applications IMO. Then you can move up to wherever you want and you won't be totally lost. Beginners often feel the need to make a pretty GUI before they understand basic concepts ;)

But, that was not your question ;) I find CodeProject a good resource for code examples and specific how-to's -- I usually purchase books, so I cannot comment on tutorials.
    oh haha i just got that nuvo lol

chroder, apparently i got Microsoft Visual Basic Express Edition 2005, not vb6 or any .net applications.

visual basic is damn easy compared to any c++..with c++ im already lost!
    ban1.gif
    C++ is pretty old, but it's still one of the most powerful languages to program with.
    The most recent version of the VB IDE should support .NET like everything else coming out of Microsoft's development tools arm these days.
    .NET is a proprietry framework that'll only work properly under Windows, but there's a project which is basically an attempt to make a cross platform .NET framework called mono.
    VB is designed as an introuctory language while C++ is more of a "get things done" language that'll run almost anywhere.
    My dislking for VB goes a fair bit back since it never really grabbed my attention and more than half of the programmers I know always have something bad to say about it.
    Like all languaged though, in the right hands it can produce wonderful things, but in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they are doing, it won't produce anything of value.

Chroder, VC++ isn't the only C++ RAD IDE.
    Borland produces both C++ builder and Kylix.
    C++ Builder works under windows, but may be integrated into Delphi soon to produce a Kylix style IDE that doesn't run under Linux.
    Granted, learning C++ with VC++ may mean you cut out learning about building a GUI from scratch, but at least you know that you can use your knowlage on more OS's and then find a visual tool for that.

Some more links:
    http://www.planet-source-code.com/
    http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
    http://visualbasic.about.com/
    http://cplus.about.com/
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/
    http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/index.asp
    thanks so much nuvo ur to damn helpful, when they say kids brains are like sponges, its not literal!!!
    ban1.gif
  • Mermaid bridal gowns will always be glamorous & elegant. They are most often present in fabrics, such as the aforementioned satin, that are appropriate for more formal weddings. Sometimes you will also see them done in delicate laces that will tone down the drama of a mermaid to make it more wearable for less fancy events. The tight bodice & hips of the mermaid shape are reminiscent of the glamorous gowns of the 1950s & early 60s, when females loved to show off their curvaceous figures.

The internet cosplay shops are actually good. For something, more cosplay clothes can sell. As there are increasingly more anime episodes, increasingly more new characters enter into cosplayers' world, they would like to try to perform these new figures out. The online stores can offer these types of new costumes quickly, almost keep pace using the new episodes. With regard to another, these cosplay outfits sold online tend to be much cheaper compared to those sold within local shops. Since you may notice that these types of cosplayers are nearly youngsters, they don't have enough money, then the online stores are your best option for them, they are able to save a great deal by shopping on the internet.

How can they tell the difference between ****tail dresses & evening dresses? When it comes to a ****tail party, the most popular vision is nothing but a hot girl in a sexy dress with nice legs. It rocks, doesn't it? While we are speaking about an evening or formal event, it is another story. The invitation tells "A Black Tie Party" which means they must wear formal dresses. The following tips may help you pick what to wear one time you are invited.

This year, the most recent trend in prom dresses is the high-low style, which is short in the front & long in the back. It provides prom goers the best of both worlds. The shorter front can draw attention to shapely legs & permits for additional freedom of movement, while the longer back gives an elegant touch. Coming in at a close second is the short gowns. This is the final celebration dress, chiefly because it is stylish & sassy without becoming formal. They are ideal for dancing.

As the name suggests, the mermaid wedding gown has similarities with forms of the siren. So, the mermaid tails are seen in this type. The dress has of plenty of features to increase the knee or slightly below or above the knee together. It can basically be seen as a modified version. Petite ladies appear much higher than the dress of the situation, all the attention on the general appearance & kind of his superb extract.

Short. The short dresses are comfortable to wear compared with the long dresses. What is more, the largest advantage is that it is convenient for you to move, and your pretty and slim legs are shown out. Of work, the short dresses also include tea length, knee length, which appears more elegant and is a ideal option for bridesmaid dresses as well as the ****tail length below the knee. In a general way, they are suitable for anyone.

Wedding shoes, looking for something a small different, unique & perhaps even exclusive then Pink Products is confident you will find it here. Try to strike a balance between your own personal tastes, your overall wedding day look, & comfort when shopping for wedding shoes. The best wedding shoes are those that make you feel sexy & exquisite. Comfort might be necessary, but so is your own flair for fashion. Select shoes that complement your dress & also show off your own sense of style. Those with a fashionable style might require to pick a pair of sleek stilettos, while those with classic taste might select a low-heeled shoe. Whatever your style, pick a pair of wedding shoes that makes you feel wonderful.
  • There's any number of necklines that you can select for a mermaid wedding gown, but strapless is definitely the most popular. After all, there is no point in trying to be demure at the top when the whole dress is screaming va va va voom! Even within a strapless neckline, though, there will be some options. Slender brides who are trying to generate the illusion of curves ought to look for sweetheart strapless necklines. Brides who already have all the curves that they require ought to think about straight across necklines, or ones that curve up slightly across the front. When your gown is fitted, you require to make sure that nothing is spilling out from the top!

It would probably be safe to say that all girls - from kids to teens to older women - already have an idea of their perfect wedding gown for their perfect wedding day. And come your wedding day preparation, chances are, your dream wedding gown has a dreamy price tag too. While most brides would consider this to the most important aspect for the whole day, choosing a wedding gown can be stressful especially when your mind wanders from one design to another. One thing we can help you with is not to worry about the price.

An evening dress, also called a formal dress is a long flowing women's dress usually worn to a formal affair. It ranges from tea and ballerina to full-length. Evening gowns are often made of a luxury fabric such as chiffon, velvet, satin, or silk. Although the terms are used interchangeably, ball gowns and evening gowns differ in that a ball gown will always have a full, flared skirt and a strapless bodice; in contrast, an evening gown can be any silhouette - sheath, mermaid, A-line or trumpet formed - and may have straps, halters or even sleeves.

For a neat, uncluttered look, select a column dress produced from satin. They look like liquid one time the dress moves. Another way to glisten is by wearing a dress covered with mirrored glass or sequins. When strapless styles possess a heavily embellished top and an unadorned skirt, it creates an eye-pleasing contrast. Panels of overlays are featured on prom dresses this season. Some only appear to be transparent, while others actually are see-through. They could be exactly the same color as the dress or a flesh tone. To produce additional excitement, sequins, beads or lace may be additional on top belonging to the overlays.

This style of wedding gowns can be simple and clear, or be decorated with various ornaments. This is all after the marriage and your personal taste. Ladies have pretty breast, narrow waist which is ideal figurative demanding for this style.

When a prom is on the way, you may spend plenty of time looking for an ideal prom dress ahead of time. To start with, you ought to think about which style of dress will fit you perfectly such as length. The following content will tell you some tips about how to select the length of the dress which you can take as your reference.

More and more brides opt for tea length wedding dresses for lovely reasons. Initially, they are simple to maintain as they do not touch the floor. There is no need for you to worry about dirty hems. For brides who are planning to getting married at the beach, in the garden, or in other outdoor areas, this type of gown is the ideal choice as it not only lets them walk freely but also makes the whole mood of the marriage more relaxed and fun.
  • SoummaTawSoummaTaw Junior Member Shared Hoster
    The simple parts of any home entertainment system are the screen #LINK2# as well as the speakers but actually the biggest part any home theater system may be the #LINK3# AV receiver as it integrates every one of the individual #LINK4# parts and ensures that they carry out together and are also synced. The #LINK5# Audio-video receiver will be the heart from the procedure #LINK6# and it is exactly where you manage what you intend to total. This publish-up #LINK7# will show up at your home movie Audio-video device critiques - #LINK8# the things they're doing and some of the capabilities you must to consider.

An AV #LINK9# receiver is strictly exactly where every one of the video and audio ingredients #LINK10# hook up. Subsequent effectively linking the screen and presenter #LINK11# you are going to have the ability to decide which speaker systems you should focus on or which #LINK12# product it is advisable to approach to the screen, should it be a Disc, #LINK13# movie, ordinary Telly or maybe a electronic radio #LINK14# train station.

The individual will have a created in airwaves receiver #LINK15# that could be employed to select up FMPerAM stereo. It is possible to #LINK16# hear r / c and CD&Number039s via your home theater system. These #LINK17# will likely be operated from the Audio-video radio.

The multichannel surround sound #LINK18# facet of a home cinema will be manipulated by #LINK19# AV device. Devoid of groing through Audio-video radio #LINK20# assessments just before buying had the ability to injure your pockets. The #LINK21# receiver will decode a digital sound types, whether Dolby or DTS in order that the #LINK22# finest seem consequence is going towards proper #LINK23# lecturer. This is certainly a vital feature associated with a home theater system #LINK24# and fosters the mental affect when watching a show.

The phone #LINK25# can also get an in designed guitar amp that can imply the command over #LINK26# noise amount is going by way of the individual.

Inevitably, the #LINK27# phone models the cosmetic on the town show. The all crucial #LINK28# handheld control is part of the audio-video recipient. There might also be an screen for #LINK29# using the plan which is shown on computer screen to make it easier #LINK30# to view what you're really endeavor.

If you're having a whole #LINK31# dwelling theatre procedure then the Audio-video device #LINK32# is going to be compatible with the other parts but if you're acquiring it #LINK33# independently you should check that it can be appropriate yet another reasons why Audio-video individual reviews are essential. Mostly this issues how much contacts behind the radio. Be sure that you will find adequate loudspeaker associations. Make certain there will likely be works contacts for all your video devices which you will likely be working with with your household theater procedure, this may contain a VCR and Dvd movie participant.
  • SoummaTawSoummaTaw Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Eat aspects of any home theater system are classified as the display unit #LINK2# and also the loudspeakers truly the biggest part any home entertainment system could possibly be the #LINK3# Audio-video phone because doing so includes every one of the man or woman #LINK4# pieces and means that they execute together and so are synced. The #LINK5# AV phone could possibly be the center in the technique #LINK6# which is in which you manage what you wish to finish. This write-up #LINK7# will appear at your home theatre Audio-video phone testimonials - #LINK8# their work and some of the characteristics you ought to consider.

An Audio-video #LINK9# phone is precisely wherever every one of the audio and video parts #LINK10# link. Subsequent successfully attaching the display unit and loudspeaker #LINK11# you are likely to have the capacity to figure out which audio speakers you need to pay attention to or which #LINK12# machine you'll want to view on the screen, it could be a Dvd movie, #LINK13# online video, regular Television for computer as well as a electronic radio #LINK14# section.

The phone will have a designed in airwaves receiver #LINK15# that is certainly helpful to decide on up FM/AM stereo. It is easy to #LINK16# take note of radio stations and Dvd& 039s with your home theater system. These #LINK17# are going to be governed via the AV device.

The multichannel surround sound #LINK18# element of a house theatre shall be controlled from the #LINK19# AV individual. Without requiring groing through AV radio #LINK20# critiques previous to acquiring had the ability to harm your storage compartments. The #LINK21# phone will decode a digital noise platforms, whether they are Dolby or DTS in order for the #LINK22# greatest noise consequence goes towards proper #LINK23# audio. This is certainly an important aspect of your home theater system #LINK24# and helps to create the psychological influence when watching a film.

The phone #LINK25# will also gain an in built av receiver that should imply the charge of #LINK26# appear quantity is going by means of the receiver.

In the end, the #LINK27# device packages the aesthetic of the home theater. The all significant #LINK28# handheld control is part of the av radio. There might also be an software for #LINK29# taking a program that is certainly displayed on display to make it easier #LINK30# to view what you're really venture.

For anyone who is getting a complete #LINK31# residence theatre technique then a Audio-video receiver #LINK32# will most likely be suitable just how other parts but should you be obtaining it #LINK33# independently you should check that it can be agreeable just one more good reason that AV phone testimonials are significant. Mainly this issues the quality of relationships in the rear of the individual. Make certain you will discover adequate lecturer contacts. Make certain there will probably be works internet connections for all the movie systems that you simply will probably be employing using your dwelling show system, this might consist of a VCR and Dvd and blu-ray person.