Nitro vs. R.O.R.

Has anyone tried both of these and come come to a conclusion which they like better between Nitro and Ruby On Rails? If you do like one better than the other, why?

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I can't say I have any real world usage of Nitro, but from what I've seen of it, there's not a lot that Rails has to be worried about.
    Nitro seems to put a fair bit more leg work on the user than on the framework.
    In the webcast I've just been watching (while I wait for Wink to finish compiling a Flash presentation :[), the user creates everything, but in Rails, you get the basic stuff there for you if you use it's generation abilities.
    There's also no require Nitro or Nitro.start <class> like things with Rails, it just looks for a def (function \ action) called index, which can be hooked onto another def like:
    def index
    list
    end

Which would call the list def, which handles listing something such as blog entries.

Nitro's dev team don't get points for using Ubuntu either as their webcasts have the awful default theme from Hoary, which is just really awful compared with recent versions such as Dapper, or one from Gnome Look such as SystemGX, which is currently gracing my desktop.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!