Is it a keyboard? Is it a mouse? Whatever it is, it hates you!

NuvoNuvo Forum LeaderVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Ok, so I just stumbled across this little pice of gold.
Basically, someone is trying to get people to invest in a mouse.
Not just any mouse mind you, it has a built in keyboard!
Unlike those keyboards you can buy with mini joysticks for mouse work, this one is literally half a keyboard bonded to the front of a mouse with the other half split off on it's own.

http://www.combimouse.com/index.htm

That thing right there looks like the most terrible invention of recent years.
Not only would it be ugly and weird, but it'd be very cumbersome as well.
Think about it... Youve got keys on the top of your mouse, the mouse section is huge as it has half a keyboard stuck to it and your scroll wheel is on the other section.
Basically, you put your hand on it and it types "fdighidhg" or something, you move it and knock things off your desk and if you're one of those wireless users who likes to be free to just pick up the keyboard and go (which is why you'd have the integrated joystick keyboard I mentioned), you have two things to lug around with you, even if you're not using the mouse (console mode or keyboard navigation).
PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
Current project: CMS Object.
Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
Release date: NEVER!!!

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I think it's appearence is quite innovative, but hardly practical for those who have only used "normal" keyboards. I like how it looks and I wouldn't mind a play with it but I don't think I'd buy it.
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    That is a weird looking thing indeed. On the right half of the keyboard, I see the left mouse key, but where is the right mouse key?

I would like to try this out just to see. I love the ergonomic keyboard and can type much faster on it so maybe I'd like this one too.
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    It is possible to use a mouse with only one button, ya know.
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Yes but irritating when you're used to 2
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    It is possible to use a mouse with only one button, ya know.

IF the OS is designed for it.
    Windows relies on the right click menu quite a bit, and you'd need to bind a key for right click functionality when used with the mouse.

OS X isn't as reliant on right clicking, though the same features still exist (and newer mice have both buttons).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I use the equivalent of "right-click" on my Mac OS all the time...
  • pink.aquarianpink.aquarian Beginner Link Clerk
    LOL! now that is really weird. but actually it would eliminate moving the hand from the keyboard to the mouse and vice versa. LOL! will it help people like me with CTS? hehehehe. :)

and oh, there is a right click button. according to the "How It Works" page:

"Grip 1 has only two fingers on the mouse keys. The comma key doubles as the left click button whilst the L key doubles as the right click button.{@}
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    "Grip 1 has only two fingers on the mouse keys. The comma key doubles as the left click button whilst the L key doubles as the right click button."
    That explains it! Thanks for checking that Pink
  • pink.aquarianpink.aquarian Beginner Link Clerk
    No problem, DeluxeNames. :)