Need A Windows Section

Brothers, we need a section of this forum dedicated to Windows as that's what most of us are using
www.Microsoft.com"Believe In the Future"

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Guess what, this is a web dev and design forum, so technically, we don't need any OS specific categories.
    The only thing we'd need to cover is server setup and managment, which isn't one specific OS on one set of hardware as there's homebrew servers (like the one I use for testing and development), Linux rack servers, Windows NT \ Server 2003 servers, Sun Solaris servers, BSD servers and OS X servers (only one of these isn't based on Unix and requires additional configuration to become POSIX compliant... guess which one).

Most questions about hardware and software (an OS is software, not firmware unless it's embeded into the hardware on a chip like your BIOS) can go in the Computer Talk forum, so there's no reason to add extra forums... Unless Bill Gates is paying for them (and Balmer wouldn't allow this as vB isn't a Microsoft product and it runs on OS's other than Windows).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Ok, so you suggest a forum for one of MANY Operating Systems?
    What about Linux, Mac OS X, BSD...?
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    As I said, this is why we have a Computer Talk forum.
    Not only would OS specific forums mean the creation of many different forums (yes, Linux and Unix are different animals and questions related to BSD Unix don't always apply to OS X, even though it's built on Darwin BSD Unix), but there's the issue of activity, which really doesn't help to justify the creation of extra forums.
    Basically, the Computer Talk forum is there as one big hold all for topics on computers as forums for each OS and then hardware simply wouldn't get that many topics.
    The last thing we want is 10 different forums with no topics in them as it would clutter up the forum, which isn't a good thing.

If your only aim in life is to plug Microsoft products and rant about how everything else sucks, you've come to the wrong place as that's not generally what this community is about and you'd be better off on one of the many communities aimed at such things as making Windows XP less horrid to look at.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Check the name of this forum: "Webmaster". It is about webdesign and webmasters, indirectly related to Windows itself. Indirectly related issues and subjects probably aren't worth of implementing in a forum like this one.

If you really want to discuss about Windows, I recommend the Microsoft Community to you.

By the way, almost every sharing community has its own Windows section.

Hope I made sence,

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Radavan wrote: »
    Brothers, we need a section of this forum dedicated to Windows as that's what most of us are using

Thanks for the suggestion Radavan :)

We will not be adding a "Windows" section on this forum because then we would need to add one for every major operating system and that's not the focus of this forum. Feel free to use the "Computer Talk" forum for disscussion of "Windows" related topics as Nuvo and CBG have pointed out.

Thanks,
    -B