Surch.com

tonytony ModeratorAdministrator
http://www.surch.com

Ive just found my new search engine, the database probably isnt as a big as googles, but its just a god search engine and id love to see another engine to make it the big 4. :)

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    tony wrote: »
    http://www.surch.com
    Ive just found my new search engine, the database probably isnt as a big as googles, but its just a god search engine and id love to see another engine to make it the big 4. :)
    I like their filters they use, especially their people search. I like the way they designed the buttons. After you've tested it out more compared to Goolge, let us know your opinion.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    While it's not a bad little engine, the fact that they seem to be pulling their data from other search engine indexes means that they aren't likely to take over.
    It clearly states on their about page:
    its ability to access multiple sources with amazing speeds, retrieve the results, sort, blend and cluster them internally thereby providing you, the user, with a more comprehensive online experience. On the other hand, the "major search engine" has only to depend on its own database of indexed web pages. In short, with Surch you harness a magnitude of power found only by utilizing multiple sources so you get the best the net has to offer.

It's more like Dogpile than Google as it's accessing other indexes and then working off of them rather than building it's own search index.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    if you don't own the data, you don't own nuts! :D

at any time, the other search engines can choke you off by denying the data to you. ;)
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    yeah true, i also agree with daboss!
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    lol, yeah pretty big arguments, dunno i never seen surch.com before, i dont think i'll visit it either.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com